Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...petcock that is! I was driving last night and i run out of fuel... reach down to switch to reserve and still nothing, shake the bike and cannot hear anything in the tank, is there something i am missing with my bike or is something wrong with the petcock, thanks

·
Registered
876 Posts
just remember that off is in the middle, so imagine an arrow pointing at "off" when its off and make that your reference point to "on" and "reserve"

also I know on mine if it stalls out before I switch to reserve I have a hell of a time getting it going again, and theres a good chance I'll kill the batt. first. - so if you think your running out switch to reserve before it stalls out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sometimes the pick up tube for "on" comes loose (very common) and even though the valve is in the "on" position it is sucking fuel from the bottom of the tank, just like "res" would be. Best to track your miles by the odometer, I always head for the gas station at 110-125 miles.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
1 of 2 things,

Either it's as myninjazx9r said, and the tube in the tank for "on" is broken off, or you just had it the wrong way to begin with.

If you are sure you at it to "ON", then you can pretty easily check for a broken pickup.
Remove the tank, you will see the petcock assembly on the bottom. unbolt this and pull it from the tank. There should be 2 plastic tubes rising from it into the tank, both about 1 to 1.5 inches tall. One should be solid plastic almost the whole way up, this is the ON pickup.
The other will be mesh pretty much the whole tube, this is the RES pickup. If the On is broken off, you can try to fix it, or get a new assembly from the dealer or ebay.

·
Registered
507 Posts
and dont forget your pretty pretty pink dress.... I would bet on the plastic tube in the tank has come off....

its odd how your title mentions cock and your name has johnson in it....things that make you hmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
You may want to contact Lance Bass for help with your cock.....[:M12]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.