Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Dunlop 208's are probably the second best tires you can get for your bike.. thats your best bet next to the metzler m-1's

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Unless you ride in the rain or any wet condition, if so the Dunlops suck. I had a set of Dunlops on my 99 then switched to the BT010's MUCH better tire IMO. I have the BT012's on my 03 and they are also better tires. If you want the BT010's check out parts 411, it's where mine came from, quick and cheap.

·
Registered
226 Posts
dman, thanks for the input. But I'm not talking about the D207 Dunlops. Those kind of sucks, I agree [xx(]. I'm talking about the new ones, the D208. Also, I'm in Portugal (that's Europe), so I guess it'll be hard to get those tires from 411 'till friday ;)

doug, thank's. I'm sure the D208 are great tyres, but... I wasn't sure if they would be better than the BT-012s.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I need to change my tires until friday (big trip), so I went to the local store today to order Bridgestone BT-010s, to try them out. The guy called me a bit later to tell me the importer only had the front tire (120/65), but he had BT-012 for the rear (180/55). He said it was not a good ideia to mix both, so I could go for a pair of 012s, it wasn't much more expensive. So I asked him "what about the Dunlop D208?" He said they last longer than the BT-012, and he personally recommends. However, he's a Dunlop dealer, who can get Bridgestones if one wants. I'm afraid he said that just to sell the ones he represents. Anyway, I've ordered the D208 pair. What do you guys think about this tires?

AND

What do you think about installing a 120/60 or 120/70 in the front (that's not my problem right now, but I'd like to hear from you)?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Here's a great link to Sportrider.com's tire guide... they do a review of tire tech, answer lots of questions regarding changing ratios and more, and also review some popular tires. The Dunlop 208ZR's are reviewed, along with BT010's, Pilot Sports, Macadams, Avon Azaros, and 207's. There's also a link to almost every major manufacturer's website.

I've almost used up my OEM BT012 rear (3,000 miles), so they're not the best-wearing tire, but I did find the grip from them to be excellent compared to older 207's and Battlax's I've used in the past. I'll probably stick with one more BT012 rear, then switch front and rear to Metz's personally.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The 208's are last on my list of tires to try for 2 reasons... #1, the 207 is not one of my favs. And #2, a guy I ride with sometimes (and I trust his opinion) abslutely hated his oem208's (2002 R1). He got rid of them ASAP. I never tried them myself, but we tend to agree on a lot of other tire issues. I guess the 208Z is supposed to be better, but I'll be trying somethign else before I go back to the Doneslops. Eventually I get back to them as my testing continues...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well, it turned out the D208's were out of stock, so I'm getting a pair of BT-012s. The bad thing is there is no 120/65 front tire in this models, so I'll have to get the 120/70. Thanks for your replies. dj, thanks for the link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.