Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi this is my fist post and i want to get all the info i can i am going to pick up my new bike on monday morning and i have never really rode a ninja or any other street bike before so i really need to know what do do to get use to rideing this bike and brakin it in and all that is some one can help me out on starting out i would really be thankful

thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was in your same exact situation last December my friend. I just saw a Ninja in the paper for sale, in the dead of winter (I live in Nebraska) and thought, hmmmm......I'll buy it now, and if I don't like it I can always sell it when summer hits. I had not even came within 10 feet of a street bike before. At first it was kind of intimidating, as there were alot of things to pay attention to. I think the thing that helped me the most was that the car that I own is a 5 speed, so I was used to operating a clutch. The rest is just basics of how to shift and where the brake levers and such are at. All I had to do was get on and give it a shot. Granted, at first I went VERY slow to get used to it. I must have looked like a panzy to all my friends, but to me it felt like I was flying. Then I got a bit more used to it and that was all it took. I love the bike now, and there is NO way I'll be getting rid of it as I had thoughts of in winter. Have you ever driven a vehicle that was a stick? If so, I'm sure you'll catch on quickly. Best of luck!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Ninja,

If you are not experienced, you might want to have a more experienced rider ride the bike to your house for you, or put it in a trailer and bring it home that way.

Also, give the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) a call at 1-800-446-9227 and sign up for the beginner rider course if you have not already taken it. The class is well worth the money, even if you already know how to ride.

As far as break in schedules and such, there are some good links on the ZX6r dot com front page.

Welcome aboard.

-Flash

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have rode dirt bikes but not street bikes and i am kinda scared of this bike and i dont want to hurt it and i really dont want to wreck it so i just wanted to know what all i would need to do and hey thanks flash i didnt even think about how i was going to get it home i dont have a trailor and i dont know anyone that can ride so i guess that leaves me but i only live 2 and 1/2 miles from where the dealer is and its a back road all the way there do you think i should atempt it

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you should have try msf first, then bought the bike second. oh well, good luck and welcome to the board.

·
Registered
401 Posts
you should be ok. I learned how to ride in about 3 hours on a female friend's ninja 250, then bought the 636. rode it home from the dealer. just take your time to learn your bike. I do a lot differently now and i only have 1400 miles under my belt. enjoy, that bike is the $H!t

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.