Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hEY GUY NEED SOME HELP. JUST BOUGHT MY 98 600 TODAY. iTS GOT A YOSHI PIPE ANG [email protected] AND A 24K ON IT. THE PROBLEM IS THE BIKE IS BREAKING UP LIKE CRAZY. NO MATTER WHAT SPEED OR GEAR. ALSO WHEN IT IS WARMED UP IT IS HARD TO RESTART. THE BIKE WAS DROPPED RIGHT BEFORE I BOUGHT IT AND THE OLD OWNER SAID THAT IT NEVER DID THAT BEFORE. IF YOU COULD POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP TO ME

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
My bike is hard to start sometimes when it's warmed up too. All I do is hit the starter, and give it a little bit of throttle and it fires right up. As far as your other question, could you be a little more specific? What do you mean it's "breaking up"?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
check the plugs and clean out the tank. could be once it got laid on its sidesome deposits on the bottom of the tank were sucked up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if it is hard to start even warm take it to the dealer could be your valves are getting tight VERY bad thing...You need to get your valves adjusted at about 7,500 miles and every 10 thousand after that i think. anyways if it is a tight valve you can easily kill that motor!

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Yea i'd say carb problem too.. Did the old owner have it just sitting for a while..? SOunds like you need a carb clean maybe some needles/seats and and good tank flush.. Then after they do that they have to synch them anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.