Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it once somewhere but can't remember where...

Its basically an LED strip that you mount on with the license plate screws. Kinda functions like the "third" brake light on cars.

I was wondering if anyone has done this on their bikes and how hard it was to do the installation. I'm interested in this mod... I feel like our brake lights are too dim.

Maybe the clear alternatives LED brake light will do the trick too... but who knows when they are planning on releasing it!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im not sure if I know exactly what your talking about but I think I may.

They make two different kinds.
One is called the stopper where it only lights up when the brake goes off. But you can get a resisitor to also have a running light.
And the other is called the versa-light which does running/brake light and turn signals.

I have ran both and they work great. I would prefer the versa-light over the stopper any day though.

Here is a link with part numbers
http://www.powersportrider.com/CGI-BIN/ZCATJPG?catpub=ST0208C&catpage=226.00&inqitem=203631

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts

*cough* shameless plug *cough*. Not only is it really noticeable, but people dig it. In my observations it's not the brightness nessecelery, but the distribution of light which makes it noticable. When you have a WALL of red people can perceive how far away you are a lot better than one bright light.

·
Registered
692 Posts
^^That's still freaking awesome!!

Looks like you might have one LED out? Could be wrong...

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Shit! You're onto me :) There is ONE out in the left brake switched strip. Touche ;)

... I'd probably fix it, but it's not that noticeable (literally ONLY whenever I'm braking) and it would take forever to switch out :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not sure if I know exactly what your talking about but I think I may.

They make two different kinds.
One is called the stopper where it only lights up when the brake goes off. But you can get a resisitor to also have a running light.
And the other is called the versa-light which does running/brake light and turn signals.

I have ran both and they work great. I would prefer the versa-light over the stopper any day though.

Here is a link with part numbers
http://www.powersportrider.com/CGI-BIN/ZCATJPG?catpub=ST0208C&catpage=226.00&inqitem=203631

Yes this is what I was talking about... are these hard to install? I'm assuming it requires wire cutting... :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes this is what I was talking about... are these hard to install? I'm assuming it requires wire cutting... :confused:
The stopper is just 2 wires.
And the versa light is 4 wires i believe. 2 blinkers, brake, and running.

Yes they have to be wired in, but it is pretty easy.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Shit! You're onto me :) There is ONE out in the left brake switched strip. Touche ;)

... I'd probably fix it, but it's not that noticeable (literally ONLY whenever I'm braking) and it would take forever to switch out :)

Yeah it doesn't look bad. Not a big deal. lol just couldn't help but notice.

·
Registered
401 Posts
any of u have experience of installing this kind of Flexible LED strips
I do. I actually just put the set of lights on my bike yesterday, I'll post up pictures once Chicago has a nice day out and I'm not working. I love the way it looks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts