Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I just install a fender eliminator with aftermarket turn signals, and now when I put my turn signal it flashes a lot faster than the oem, anyone knows why this is happening? I did this exact mod on my old 01 zx6r and did not had this problem! any input I would appreciate it!

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
hey guys I just install a fender eliminator with aftermarket turn signals, and now when I put my turn signal it flashes a lot faster than the oem, anyone knows why this is happening? I did this exact mod on my old 01 zx6r and did not had this problem! any input I would appreciate it!
Your new turn signals are pulling less amperage than the OEM turn signals.

More than likely the turn signals you installed are LED's and the OEM's were incandescent.

What you need to do, is replace your OEM flasher unit with an electronic flasher unit designed for LED's. The electronic flasher will give you a constant flash rate regardless of load from the turn signals.

You can also add resistors to your turn signals to increase the load seen by the OEM flasher but it's a lot easier to replace the flasher.

I hope this helps.

:)

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your new turn signals are pulling less amperage than the OEM turn signals.

More than likely the turn signals you installed are LED's and the OEM's were incandescent.

What you need to do, is replace your OEM flasher unit with an electronic flasher unit designed for LED's. The electronic flasher will give you a constant flash rate regardless of load from the turn signals.

You can also add resistors to your turn signals to increase the load seen by the OEM flasher but it's a lot easier to replace the flasher.

I hope this helps.

thanks for the reply! yes they are led's, where can I get the flasher unit?
and yes It did help! thanks

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
thanks for the reply! yes they are led's, where can I get the flasher unit?
and yes It did help! thanks
Most auto parts stores carry electronic flashers just take yours and they should be able to help you.

If memory serves me right there are two types of flashers some have 2 connectors while others have 3 so make sure you get the right one.

· Registered
233 Posts
auto zone did not had one, the guy looked at me as If I was stupid! I guess they did not know what I was asking for, probably gonna go to murrays tomorrow!
I've learned over the years of working at dealerships that people at auto parts stores aren't as knowledgable as they should be. How does someone that supposed to be qualified not know what a flasher is? it's pretty much a relay! Did your kit not come with a schematic and something to put inline with the lamp? They should have given you a resistor to put inline.

· Registered
13 Posts
Orrrr spend no money and just have quicker flasher :p I kinda like quick flasher when I ride on the freeway imo it gets the attention of cars faster.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.