Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions to make more hp.

With a reground intake cam, full Ti exhaust, jet kit it made 95.4hp at 4200 feet elev. (corrected to 109.9 standard).

I'm working on motoman ports right now (spare cyl. head for testing).
What else can I do, short of bigger pistons. I'm limited to 613cc because it's a 1998 anyway.

After the dyno runs, I added a K&N. I'm thinking about a Flow Commander, timing adjuster and adjustable cam gears. Is there anything else? Is there any real gain in adj. cam gears?

Opinions?

I'm tired of getting [:M80] by R6's with pipes and chips.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Cam gears will only adjust where the peak hp is in the rpm range. Won't increase or decrease it any.
95 hp at 4200 feet is pretty decent for a 98 6R. Change the sprockets to get the added accelleration you need to keep from getting spanked.

But regardless, the R6's will keep on spanking you if they're F/I at that altitude. There's just nothing you can do about it. Carbs have their limits.

The best thing I can recommend for you to do is get your bike put on a dyno, and have an air/fuel ratio chart printed out, and keep adjusting the jets until the mixture is perfect.

BC.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point on the cam gears, give and take. It makes peak hp JUST before the rev limiter, but has a great midrange bump that I like too.
I'll scratch that off my list.

Good call on the jetting info. When I did the dyno runs, I did not opt for the air/fuel ratio info. Didn't know that was an option untill after.

Considering the jetting is near perfect at sea level (Leguna), I probably left a lot on the table by not re-jetting it here. [:M77]

As for gears, ASMA is a tight technical track and I'm running 14/42. Can't run my 43 or 44 untill I get a longer chain, they physically won't fit. At least this gearing is good turn to turn.

Thanks for your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.