Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get my rims powder coated, and I've already located an excellent shop. My only issue is color combinations. I'll post up a pic of the bike as it is now, maybe some of you guys that are good at this can photoshop it, but I would also take ideas.

I was thinking black spokes and center and green lips. Any thoughts on this?

Attachments

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
It would look good for sure. I'm not sure how much extra it costs to do two seperate colors though. Here in Va Beach there's a dude that will do wheels at $95 each. I got the quote for black, so I assume certain other colors may be more. I would suggest going all black and getting some green rim tape.

I have the same wheels and the titanium color is kinda boring me. I plan to go with black or silver powder coat sometime.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would look good for sure. I'm not sure how much extra it costs to do two seperate colors though. Here in Va Beach there's a dude that will do wheels at $95 each. I got the quote for black, so I assume certain other colors may be more. I would suggest going all black and getting some green rim tape.

I have the same wheels and the titanium color is kinda boring me. I plan to go with black or silver powder coat sometime.
Thanks for the input, I thought about all black, but It just seems so dull. I'm thinking I will still do rim tape, but I would use the Black/White/Red color scheme. As for the rims, so far its Black/Green as I originally mentioned.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Right so you want a two tone powder coat. I think it'll look nice for sure, just may be a bit pricey.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
The price I believe is set for whatever color scheme, just want to make sure I don't :puke: after its done.
Oh ok. Well I think it would look good, especially if you can get the powder coat to match really closely to the Kawi green.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree with Larry. Black with green rim tape would be sick. Instead of rim tape, get a pinstripe. A bit more expensive but more permanent and it looks sicker than rim tape.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Gold wheels...then you accent everything else on the bike gold, levers, (forks are already gold), bar ends, rearsets, etc... it looks really nice

since green is already the predominate color, i personally would go with a complimenting color.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gold wheels...then you accent everything else on the bike gold, levers, (forks are already gold), bar ends, rearsets, etc... it looks really nice

since green is already the predominate color, i personally would go with a complimenting color.
sounds interesting..... i'd want to see something like this at least on a picture.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Here is a shitty example i found in like 3 sec on google images, this doesn't have the gold rearsets, but you get the picture...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
imo don't put green on your rims, its overkill. accenting colors is a better way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts