Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just called today and got quoted for 4990 otd for a 08 red ninja. do you guys think thats a good deal or can i get a better deal elsewhere?

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,797 Posts
You're in OC. Have you stopped by OTD motorsports? I live in San Diego, but the next bike I buy I'm going to hitch a ride up there to pick it up. I hear nothing but good reviews and HONEST salesmen (sounds like an oxymoron).

Meanwhile here in S.D. that is a good price as the shops around here CAN and WILL bend you over.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in the inland empire, i got quoted at kawasaki dealer in fontana. berts mega mall told me it would of cost 5300 after tax. which i find is alot. do any of you guys know any other places that has any new red 250s in stock with a better deal.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I live in the inland empire, i got quoted at kawasaki dealer in fontana. berts mega mall told me it would of cost 5300 after tax. which i find is alot. do any of you guys know any other places that has any new red 250s in stock with a better deal.
Bert's sold me mine for 4400 with a 300 dollar gift certificate.

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,797 Posts
You're not too far off. I'd at least give them a call. You're looking at a straight shot across the 91 (less than an hour drive). From what others have said you could probably get an '08 250 for $3800-$4200 MAX. I'd say that'd be worth hitching a ride :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've always recommended Advanced Kawasaki in Buena Park as the best in the SoCal area. Got mine a few months ago for MSRP+tax+DMV=$3900. However, not sure about present pricing situation due to high demand and low(no) supply. Give them a call though and talk to Kevin.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've always recommended Advanced Kawasaki in Buena Park as the best in the SoCal area. Got mine a few months ago for MSRP+tax+DMV=$3900. However, not sure about present pricing situation due to high demand and low(no) supply. Give them a call though and talk to Kevin.

wow thats a really good deal. i should check that place out. or try to bargin them if i dont get it near 4 k then i should just sit on it and wait til i find another one in stock right for that price ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
MSRP on these are 3499...I do not know how a dealer can justify 5000 out the door. Does that included the full extended warranty, gear, helmet? I paid MSPR for mine along with a few small fees. I would look around.

·
Registered
448 Posts
wow thats a really good deal. i should check that place out. or try to bargin them if i dont get it near 4 k then i should just sit on it and wait til i find another one in stock right for that price ?
In an ideal situation, of course you should wait. However, the present situation is not ideal by any means due to high demand and lack of supply. They are very hard to come by so waiting for one at a price under $4,000 may not be an option. However, I would trust Advanced to give you the best deal possible under the circumstances.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i was just called today and got quoted for 4990 otd for a 08 red ninja. do you guys think thats a good deal or can i get a better deal elsewhere?
Location Location Location...
Unfortunately you (and many others of us) happen to live in probably the most expensive place in the nation for these things... Southern California... probably because 1) There is a lot of wealth around here, and 2) Our riding season lasts about 12 months :D. Everyone can and will recommend places that charged fair prices, but if they are writing about shops in SoCal, they are probably referring to the times before the demand was so high (back in the end of March I walked into OTD and they had all 4 colors just sitting there). Call around, but you already know that anything any dealer says doesn't matter simply because they don't have them in stock and have no clue when they will get them. Heck, most won't even take deposits anymore.

That said, 4990 OTD is a lot. But with the current supply and demand, it seems to be going rate nowadays in SoCal, but once again it certainly is high. It's all relative to your situation though. If you have lots of extra cash and really want the bike, you might want to consider it since you don't really have many other options. Odds are any other dealer that could get one for you (eventually) will still charge 5K OTD.

Anyhoo, while I wouldn't (and didn't have to) pay that much, it sounds like they have a bike with your name on it, and if you don't buy it, for that price someone else will.

P.S. For those of you not in SoCal who think you can get one for less, believe it or not 5K really is the going rate. Just look at craigslist... in most parts of the country the used ones are going for under 4K, whereas in SoCal most used ones are at WELL OVER 5K. :eek: Seriously! How do you like dem apples?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/766546478.html ($5500)
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/741055032.html ($5800)
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/734316907.html ($5200)
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/mcy/772699561.html ($5700)
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/768600610.html ($4200 - have fun with that deal. It looks like a fu#king nightmare to get that registered here in CA... and wasn't that one sold on ebay for 3500???)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am in the midwest and am waiting for the local dealer to get the 09s in and get a firm OTD price. For those prices I can can get a GS500F for a tad more at $5441 OTD, tax, tags and title incl'd and I had not really started haggling on the price to get it down any. I like the 250R and would like one but I would not pay those prices for one.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Way too expensive IMO. I got mine for $3744 OTD. I can't believe the ridiculous prices some ppl are paying!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If I can find anything below 4990, that would be great.
It's your money but the wisest thing to do is just wait it out. Paying $1000 over is outrageous.

In a matter of months the dealerships will have plenty of bikes that you'd wish you waited. You can use the extra money for gear and aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The key thing is "In Stock". Yes the price is a bit high but it depends on how serious you are about getting one and when you'll be able to get another one in stock with the "Hopes" of it being cheaper. Only you know if it's worth the wait of who knows how long to save what could only end up being $100-$200. You may also be able to save $1000 but that's the chance you take.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You pay to play. The present situation makes it a seller's market. They have what you want and if you are not willing to pay for it, someone else will. That is a personal decision only you can make.

P.s. More than likely, the honest dealers that charge under 4k sell out faster than the time it takes to sign for the freight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You pay to play. The present situation makes it a seller's market. They have what you want and if you are not willing to pay for it, someone else will. That is a personal decision only you can make.

P.s. More than likely, the honest dealers that charge under 4k sell out faster than the time it takes to sign for the freight.
this may be true. i dont mind paying 5000 if they could toss some gears along with it, but more than likely they probably wouldn't. Does anyone here know if theres any instock in the San Diego area? I'm willing to make the drive if they have it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts