Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to this forum and had a few questions. I'm choosing between the ZX6R and the GSXR600 between the years of 2005 and 2008. I've been told the ZX6R has a rougher track like ride and that the GSXR is a more comfortable bike on the street. Can anyone tell me if this is true and if there's anything else you might know?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
through my expirence the suspension is a lil bit stiffer on the zx6r but that is easily adjusted, the gixxers are great bikes but so are the zx6r's really its gonna be what your more comfortable on, the two bikes handle comparably & the 05/06 zx6r is a bit more powerful due to the extra 37 cc's

·
Registered
49 Posts
I owned GSXRs for a while and bought my first ZX6R recently. I will tell you this.. I loved my GSXR600. Lots of fun and a great all around bike. However, after buying the ZX6R, I will likely stick with Kawi from here on out. The bike is hella comfortable and even stock blows my lightly modded GSXR out of the water.

A friend of mine has a 08 GSXR750 and I keep up with him easily. I will admit that he is a worse rider than I am so that is part of it but the ZX just has an over all smoother power band. No dead spots like I had on my Gixxer. Don't get me wrong, I love both bikes but the ZX is much more comfortable (I am 5'9" tall) and has some pretty sick accel. I was shocked when I test rode it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I got a 06 zx6r in the garage and a 08 gsxr 600. Both are great bikes but if I had to choose one I would get the gsxr. Just easier to ride fast. Then again I don't ride SS bikes on the street. There are much funner and better bikes for street use. A sv650, ninja 650, ktm 690, shiver would all be on the list above either bike for street use.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Never been on a Gixxer, but from what I hear is that the Gixxer is a little more forgiving on the street. Also, has a bit wider body than the ZX6R. I will always stick with the Kawi for street. Now if we're talking about dirt then I would go DRZ but that's off topic.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i know it's not a kawi or a suzuki, but have you also looked at the daytona 675? i've heard crazy good deals on clearing brand new 07 models lately

·
Registered
123 Posts
Part of the reason for the rumors of the rougher "track like" ride is because for some reason kawasaki decided to assume that most of us ride around with passengers most of the time, so the rear spring is WAY too stiff for the average rider. $100 solves that problem and you'll have a much more comfortable ride. And come on, you can't honestly come on kawiforums.com and expect an unbiased answer to zx6r vs. gsxr600 :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
i sold my k5 gsxr 600 and bought a c6f zx6r instead and i dont regret the change at all. The gsxr is slightly more comfortable in my opinion with a wider tank and a slightly less aggressive riding position (was easier on the wrists) but the zx6r looks so much better, has better equipment like a slipper clutch as standard (although i newer gsxrs now have them i think) and has so much more midrange poke and top end rush, making it easier to ride fast (for me anyway) i.e. it wont bog down as much if your in the wrong gear. Get the zx!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts