Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm thinking of picking up a high mount for my 03 ZX-6R. I know many people have asked for pics, and I have searched. It seems that all the pics are angle shots, none from directly behind. The reason I ask is the issue with the rear turn signals. I have a fender eliminator, with little rear turn signals, LP I think. Just want to see how severe the problem is with the high mount hitting or melting the right turn signal. Also, can someone take pics of the high mount from the rear with the rear pegs out, so I can see how much farther the right rear peg sticks out for passengers?

TIA.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well i don`t have any pics from the back, but i can explain to you as best i can from my experience.I don`t have a rear fender eliminator kit anymore, i took it off, but when i had it on, it was too high and it covered my small lp turn signals when anyone behind me was to the right of me. And the pipe was about 1/2 inch at most away from my signal so if i did a stoppie it would usually move it and it would touch, but my pipe is titanium so it wasn`t as hot as most pipes.

Now i took off my eliminator kit, to get this
http://forum.zx6r.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8297

And this is much better, i LOVE the look :D

And in regards to the footped, you get two small "pipes" that you put your bolts through, that are approx 4 inches or so long, that pushes your footpeg right around the pipe, a little less the 1/2 inch to the pipe, very snug.

This pic you can sorta see it, but these are all the pics i have
hope this helps

Let me know if you need anything else

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it just me or does that devil highmount look like it doesn't stick out as far sideways as the hindle? I am going to be looking into getting the integrated turn signals in the tail light, so a highmount is high on the list of mods. I'd like to keep the passenger pegs as close to stock location as possible, so their right foot isn't so far out. It would help if more people posted, especially from rear. Migpig, if you get a chance, you think you could? Don't know if you have a digicam or not.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah i could probably get some pics for you...i`ll see what i can do.
But as for the footpegs, my girlfriend said she barely even noticed and she was on it lots before i got the highmout, she just said it was alot louder :D

But i`ll try to get some pics for you tomorow.

And about the integrated turn signals i seen on a site back in july that they were hopefully going to be out with the integrated system in aug or sept, and that woudl be about now, so if you look around and find it, let me know, i wouldn`t mind getting that for next summer...my windshield washer nozzles with led lights aren`t that bright...other then at night

Anyway i`ll hopefully have those posted tomorow

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is my silver 636 with the Micron Highmount Ti. This is a pic when I first put it on. Sounds great and with the PCIIIUSB make a good hp gain.

/uploads/aboo4ya/dsc00449backweb.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.