Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Somewhat aggressive street riding if I were to describe it. Never been to a track. Prefer twisties over straight lines. More or less I'd like a tire that warms up quickly but will still last awhile.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone,
I'm in desperate need of new tires and wanted to see what your opinions are. I'm leaning towards the Metzeler Sportec M1's. Any experience with these or other tires would be greatly appreciated.
Josh

·
Registered
233 Posts
I put Sportecs on my 97 and love them, way more easy to ride than the Battlax that were on it, and they stick alot better. The Bridgestones seemed like they took awhile to warm up in the morning(sliding, etc.) but the Sportecs are dead on after a mile or so.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sorry about takin so long , forgot to check this thread. I got my 97 in 1999 with 300 miles on it. Thank god for carpal tunnel, because the guy was buying a cruiser cause of it. So far I've added a bolt on Wileyco muffler, factory 1.7 jet kit and ignition advancer, 1 tooth smaller front sprocket, Cheetah solotail with Texas Tuck plate mod, and integrated my signals into the tailight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.