Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my ER-6 for a couple months now and racked up 800 miles. I was hoping it just needed to be broken in but my ass is killing me after a hour and a half of riding. Does anyone else feel the same? What aftermarket fixes are there besides the Corbin Gunfighter? I love the bike and want to take longer rides but can't last.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yeah, the stock seat is a bit... completely wrong. I had mine carved at a bike rally, he flattened the seat, and lowered the part my tailbone is on. World of difference.

If it's bugging you that much, just do it yourself.

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
So I have had my ER-6 for a couple months now and racked up 800 miles. I was hoping it just needed to be broken in but my ass is killing me after a hour and a half of riding. Does anyone else feel the same? What aftermarket fixes are there besides the Corbin Gunfighter? I love the bike and want to take longer rides but can't last.
I just rode the half distance in a road trip in 5 hours with no problems. It takes getting used to harder motorcycle seats. Distribute your weight to your knees at the tank and feet to pegs more to lessen the weight on the seat. Dont just slump all of your weight on your wrists and ass. You should have barely any pressure on your handle bars

Good luck in riding and you will get used to it!

·
Registered
118 Posts
snag some of the bicycle shorts with gel in them from a sporting goods store they help alot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Maybe it's my big ass, or that I'm use to riding mountain bikes for 8+ hours at a time, but the seat isn't too bad for me. I haven't done a long trip yet, so my opinion is mute, but I'm excited to check out these new seats posted in the previous links.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I am going on a ride this weekend and will work on the weight distribution. Hopefully my posture will fix the issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe it depends on how old you are and how large your butt is. I love my 650R, but after only 300 miles or so decided the seat had to go. I got a Baldwin Motor saddle seat, a bit pricy but since I am much more comfortable it was worth the money. I don't like the idea of sitting on a pad, it looks goofy to me. Good luck with trying to change your riding position, I don't think it will work unless you are a smaller younger person.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts