Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y'all. so i'm looking to buy my first bike, but as i live in canada and it's the end of riding season pretty much i won't be riding until next spring/summer (around april) so i dont have my m1 yet and wasnt planning on buying a bike until next year.

however, i stumbled upon a seller on kijiji who's selling his 2011 ninja 250r for $2500, with a mileage of less than 1000! he says it's been dropped twice, left mirror needs replacing, and there's "minor damage".. though he doesnt specify what that is, maybe just a few scratches from dropping?

its an amazing price, but obviously im not willing to dish out 2500 if im gonna have to spend another 1000 anyway just to fix the thing. do you guys think it's worth it? or is there more than meets the eye?

i appreciate any help!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Idk what kind of damage your talking about because i am not a dealer or an insurance agent. What i do know is my brothers ninja 650 got knocked over in a parking lot the other day when he was in his friends apt, and the driver clearly didn't stick around but when he got out to his bike he had a completely scratched fairing, left mirror was broken off, left clutch snapped in half, and after taking it to the dealer for a insurance quote handle bars are too bent to use so needs new handle bars, scratches on front fender, that needs replaced, new left foot peg, and with labor the quote is going to over 1k. So if the guy crashed the bike when riding he could be trying to sell it because there is to much damage done to it for him to pay for. Id check into it. Luckily my brother just bought his 2012 650r this spring and has full coverage.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that much - I talked to my cousin too and she said there's no way a 2011 Kawi would go for that low unless it was really messed up.

Sorry to hear about your brother's bike, that really sucks. But it was a helpful story lol I'll keep that in mind when I'm looking for bikes

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Get detailed pics, see about what farings are damaged, bar end, levers, see if the side of the tank got damaged. price all the parts.

Check

cheapcycleparts.com
ronayers.com
denniskirk.com

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Some cosmetic damage can be completely ignored. Wife sold her 2010 250R in almost mint shape with 4k on the clocks for $3500 last year. So $2500 might not be a bad price. Actually, they drove from Calgary to Edmonton just to look at the bike... so it's really a sellers market, at least it was. They'd never ridden before, so I showed them what to look at and how to check the bike.

Value of the one you're looking at depends on the actual damage, and the province you're in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts