Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to buy a 04 636 tomarrow but i don know if its worh it for $2600 with 3700 miles, runs good looks good, only catch is its been laid down and needs the front forks replaced. im pretty bike savy but ive never messed with the forks or known anyone who has replaced them, my question is how much will it cost for labor? i already have the new forks. can i do it myself without having done it before? is there a site that can give me the step by step? thanks for anyhelp u can give me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
if you get the shop manual you should be able to get the specifications and get it done.. if you have the parts already and thats all*** it needs then it doenst sound like a bad deal..

Now in my opnion if he bent the forks im almost certain there are going to be some frame issues.... before you drop your hard earned cash Check for Stress fractures and i would probally get a professional to make sure the frame is strait or you might just be buying into alot of troubles!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the forks arnt bent, its the damdest thing, the top of the fork where you adjust the stiffness looks like somebody took a bite out of it. when it went down i came into contact with the road and grinded it down far enuff where i cant see that adjuster screw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.