Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for my first bike and I am trying to decide between the Ninja 500 or the Suzuki SV500F. I recently saw this listing on craigslist. What I am wondering is, how much do you think this bike is worth? Because the guy didn't put a price, he just wants offers. Or is it even worth getting a 1997 bike? The owner said he is putting a new battery in it today and will be getting it inspected to make sure everything is fine with the bike.

It is either going to be that bike or this one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Both are great bikes, and will serve you well. There are also insane amounts of information and dedicated forums for both. For the Ninja 500, I'd toss $1000 at him, and see where it goes. 9600 miles is low for that year, so it did some sitting. If there are some clogs, they won't really show up until you get used to the bike and start opening it up. The GS is reasonably priced, but offer up $1500 and go up from there. Even though it's only cosmetic, a mismatched fairing still looks bad. :)

Of course, I'm going to tell you to get the Ninja 500. You can get it for less than the GS, and have more fun on it. Plus, the look will grow on you.

EDIT: Oh, don't worry about the model year on the Ninja. They're all the same from 1994-2009 (as well as 1887-1993).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts