Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some tires soon and I've been looking at the Pilot Road 2, Metzler M3, and Bridgestone BT016. Which one of the three or other models, would you guys recommend that's good for millage with pretty decent grip? TIA

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Road 2...have them on the 675. Not quite as grippy, or aggressive as the 2ct, but by far more comfy and way better as a city and highway tire.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have the M3 and have no complaints...

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I got 5k outta my M3 rear, 8k outta the front. that's pretty aggressive riding too

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i like my corsa III's. check cyclesector.com. they've got great deals on sets of tires. you can get a set of bt-016's or bt-002's for $239 shipped.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I have been very happy with the wear and grip of the M3's. So much so that I am on my second set. I got over 7k on the first rear tire and I am still running the front with nearly 10k on it. I probably could have gotten another 1k or 2k out of the rear but I didn't want to do a track day with them being so close to the wear bars. That 7k on the rear included 2 or 3 track days, and some very aggressive street riding.

·
Registered
183 Posts
for real world use with daily commuting especially, I would thing you can't beat the Pilot Road 2's or maybe you can lol :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would a 120/70-zr-17 front tire work for an 06 zx6r? The current one is a 120/65-zr-17 and it's a stock tire. It has about 7400 miles on it. I'm looking to get M3's by the way from the good reviews on them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I know the BT016s are kind of new, but has anyone gone through a rear yet? What kind of mileage did you get?

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
corsa III's :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've heard nothing but good about the Dunlop Roadsmarts too. I'll run the Contis or Dunlops as my next set on my street bike.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts