Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new to all this stuff........ I've been riding dirtbikes as a kid but now on a o5 636 and a buddy of mine has a 07 gsxr-750 and talks shit about him smoking my bike.... i raced him and hes not much faster. how can i do some mods that with make my bike just as quick if not quicker off the line and down the quarter mile witihout turbos or major engine work? please help

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
hey im new to all this stuff........ I've been riding dirtbikes as a kid but now on a o5 636 and a buddy of mine has a 07 gsxr-750 and talks shit about him smoking my bike.... i raced him and hes not much faster. how can i do some mods that with make my bike just as quick if not quicker off the line and down the quarter mile witihout turbos or major engine work? please help
Do the jumper mod if you haven't already as well as regear the bike. -1, +4 should get you where you need to be for the 1/4. Get a strap for the front forks to keep the wheelies under control but, biggest advantage in 1/4 mile from a dead stop is the rider. It is all in the launch and learning to slide the clutch. I have run quite a few less experienced riders on 750s even 1000s and beat them just because they can't get off the line. If this 1/4 mile run is at an actual drag strip, make sure you get as much practice as you can on that surface because it is a bit different from launching at the street with the extra grip from the traction compound. Check out the drag section on this forum for some more feedback though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Loose some weight

About 1 HP gain per each 8 lbs lost, so lay off the candy bars!:D

Seriously, do the jumper mod, add a couple teeth to the rear sprocket, get a pipe, a power commander, K&N filter, and your about as far as you can go. Pretty obvious stuff I guess. Is it worth the $ to shut him up?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
so you'll mod to beat him, then he mods to beat you again, then you buy a bigger bike, then he buys a bigger bike, then you buy extenz, then he gets an enlargement done, then you marry a hot chick, then he buys a hot chick...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the advice Micron05rr. sounds great but where can i get a -1/+4 setup. all i can find online here is a rk chain sprocket kit -1,+2? and how about the K&N air filter and maybe nitrous or dont you think its needed to take care of the 1/4 like you said. any other track performance will help if you come across any. thanks

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
thanks for the advice Micron05rr. sounds great but where can i get a -1/+4 setup. all i can find online here is a rk chain sprocket kit -1,+2? and how about the K&N air filter and maybe nitrous or dont you think its needed to take care of the 1/4 like you said. any other track performance will help if you come across any. thanks
for sprocket stuff, check out sprocketcenter.com they have lots of stuff, if you can't find what you're looking for give Chad there a call, he's a great guy

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i would just go with a -1,+2. that way you can still ride the bike on the street and be happy with it that way as well. i think -1,+4 is a little excessive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well thats what i was kinda thinking...... if im riding on the streets and i give it some gas to take off quick would the -1, +4 make the front pop easily? But im really tryin to get some mods down so i can take some 750's or possibly 1000's when i get nitrous eventually eventually....... and what do u guys think about a air/electric shifters? worth the money or what?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
straight line is nothing to brag about especially when he has over 100cc's on you.
learn the twisties. smoke him in the twisties and then tell him its all about the rider!!
its so much more bragging rights being able to tear up a 750 through the turns

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
well thats what i was kinda thinking...... if im riding on the streets and i give it some gas to take off quick would the -1, +4 make the front pop easily? But im really tryin to get some mods down so i can take some 750's or possibly 1000's when i get nitrous eventually eventually....... and what do u guys think about a air/electric shifters? worth the money or what?
you can learn to shift very quick with out the aid of an air shifter. but you have to learn to clutchless shift. also persionally GP shifting helps me to be able to shift faster and more positive.

as far as strait line running. ya, you can make the 636 run with 750's. but a 10 is alwase going to have you. they got so much more power. a 6 really cant compete.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.