Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided on getting an akrapovic slip on. Will be getting it for x-mas. Now I have yet another decision to make. Carbon fiber can or titanium can? Which one do you guys think looks better on a black 636. The black of the carbon fiber goes good with the black bike yet the titanium looks real good too. Haha, such a stupid decision but its important. [:p] Anyone with pics of either one on their bike would be great too!!:) Let me hear you guys, which one looks the best? :D

Thanks all....

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
all depends on what youwant to do in the future. polished rim lips, polished swingarm, frame, what color frame sliders, windscreen, etc. go for the carbon.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Definitely go with the Ti can. CF has the tendency to wear alot faster than the Ti can. I think it looks sharper. I had a black R6 03 and it looked good with the Ti can (Graves). If you are worried about weight it isn't that much, just get a race battery to save you the pounds.

Just my .02

·
Registered
278 Posts
depends, what your going to be doing. I have an akra carbon, i choose carbon because i haul around bitches alot. So therefore carbon canisters dont get as hot as titinatum, on my old arata ti can the bitches shoes would often melt on the pipe. That would piss me off.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Here's my CF...

btw Joe, how old are U??? a buddy of mine's from Ft. Belvoir...

·
Registered
25 Posts
carbon fiber doesn't get as hot, but you have to repack the canister every now and then, because if you don't you could burn a hole in the side of your canister. I've seen this happen.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, I just priced the akrapovic slip ons and they want $620 for them. (US) Does that sound normal? I mean I knew they were expensive but geeze. If they really are that expensive then whats some other less expensive but good alternatives to akra besides two brothers. Hindle? Any opinions? What would be a good price in us $ for a hindle slip on and mid pipe?

Thanks....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.