Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is 636 related cause there were to 636's there...lol

A good friend of mine went to take his skills test today at the local Drivers License Center. Well I happened to be in the area and stopped in to check it out. First off the guys that work there are about as rude as they come, but hey they work for the state there better than me right...LOL Well we were looking at the box for the figure 8's and the damn thing is covered with gravel, has potholes and puddles in it... I asked the guy if they ever sweep it (trying not to sound rude) and he answered "this is supposed to simulate riding on the road. what do you do when there is gravel on the road?" Well buddy, I sure as hell dont try to do figure eights in it...LOL The box is 22 x 28 as well, which if i remember from MSF i coulda swore it was supposed to be 20x40 or something but i could be wrong.

there was also a section that you had to slalom through going at least 25 mph. which isnt safe at all....

here are the pics... i need your feedback, and some help in finding the right direction to go to get this fixed. who can i contact?

here is the figure 8 box. 22 x 28 and covered with gravel
here is one of the corners of the box

care to slalom at 25mph through this

opposite end of the slalom

·
Registered
937 Posts
That's horrible!! I can't believe they'd make you even attempt that. I'd write a letter to the state and send those pictures along with it expressing how unsafe that is.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree, thats messed up. Yeah I'd take that picture and include that with the letter and the name of the dickhead you spoke to.....

·
Registered
857 Posts
thats fuckt dude someoen will drop their bike for sure on that, i like how the pot hole is right where you need to go through...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey man - guess they breed 'em tough where you come from! Seriously though, that's fucked up. I'm surprised that, legally, they get away with that.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,304 Posts
Just fuggin take the test and stop being such a pussy. You put your pic in your avatar all dragging a knee and you are gonna let that scare you...or your friend? Man up for crying outloud. In my day, we took the test in the snow, with slicks on, going up hill in both directions....LMAO :D

OKAY, I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!! :D:D The dude you or your friend talked to probably don't know the first thing about handling a bike. Good luck in dealing with the state but something should be done. I see a major law suit if someone dumps it in that gravel. Idiots!! Good luck.

·
Registered
550 Posts
That sucks - the lot I took my test in (around 14 years ago) was pretty much the same, but I was too young to think I could challenge anything. I just did it, scared shitless the entire time. It definitely simulates what you may run into, though - you never know when you may be leaned over on a spirited run and find a patch of loose gravel or broken pavement that wasn't there last time, and have to be able to handle it. I say man up and do it, and you'll be a much better rider for handling that crappy terrain. Of course, that's very easy for me to say, because I'm not the one that has to do it :D

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by prs
Just fuggin take the test and stop being such a pussy. You put your pic in your avatar all dragging a knee and you are gonna let that scare you...or your friend? Man up for crying outloud. In my day, we took the test in the snow, with slicks on, going up hill in both directions....LMAO :D

OKAY, I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!! :D:D The dude you or your friend talked to probably don't know the first thing about handling a bike. Good luck in dealing with the state but something should be done. I see a major law suit if someone dumps it in that gravel. Idiots!! Good luck.
i already have my license so i dont need to do it... was there with somebody else (sonic) that needed to take it, and im bitching on there behalf.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Incredible...
Looks more like a gear abrasion test site for slow speeds. As everyone else has said, contact the DMV. In person with these pictures in prints would be more effective.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I had an equally clueless dickhead for my exam, not that bad of conditions though. All the friggin taxes we pay and they can't provide a safe environment to do a figure 8 that will get you a ticket on the street if you do one? Assholes! Take it to the DMV and when they do NOTHING about it, talk to your local (hopefully bike friendly) legislator and get him on it.

Or take you bike and fuggin dump it there on purpose and sue the shit out of them!

I hate the DMV!!! [:M53]

·
Registered
17 Posts
If PENNDOT won't recognize the problem, write a nice letter to the newspaper informing them of this issue and the state's response.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Out here if we take an MSF class we get a certificate that waves the riding portion of the motorcycle test.
I think it's completely worth it to take a class just for the experience alone, and getting the waver is just an added bonus.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by wfenton
That's horrible!! I can't believe they'd make you even attempt that. I'd write a letter to the state and send those pictures along with it expressing how unsafe that is.
Yes, they have to offer a "safe area" contact the state and send them the pictures as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.