Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 kawisaki zx6r Green. I am looking to put a set of purple neon lights under my bike but i cant find anywhere around where i live to get a set. I was wondering were to get a set[?]

·
Registered
689 Posts
go to lunaraccents.com. They don't sell neon tubes, exactly. They sell LED tubes. You can pay more $$$ to hjave a second or third set of LEDs installed for extra brightness. I ordered two 4.5 inch tubes (one with an extra set of LEDs), and a 22 inch tube, all in blue. Total cost was 82 bucks to my door. Then I just bought some wiring and a rice boy switch from Autozone and did the install in about 6 hours. Looks DAMN nice. As soon as I get my digi-cam, I will have to post up pics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey, i have the same bike and i put green neons on mine. i got them from Kuryaken while i was in at myrtle beach bike week in the spring. i'm pretty sure they have them on their website but i dont remember if i saw purple.....

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Welcome to the forums.:)

You don't have an Advance Auto Parts or an Auto Zone anywhere around you? A car parts store like that would be an ideal place to get what you are looking for. How far is the closest place like that away from you?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Originally posted by Liambane
An other good place to look is the local stereo install shop. They normally have all sorts of neon and led light stuff.
Very true, they do often have those harder to find lights, however they are also often marked up... For example; I saw a pack of 4 LEDs for $40.oo at a stereo shop that I could order though a local auto parts store for $14.oo. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
are the tubes with the LED's brighter than the neon tubes because i was looking into installing green ones.

Also does anyone have pics with the green neons?

Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
I haven't seen a LED tube up close... LEDs are directional, in that they are very bright when looking directly at them as opposed to the side. So, depending on how the tubes are mounted, yes I'd agree that the LED tubes are brighter than the neon tubes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
yes. the led are much more bright than the neon, and also drain a lot lees of power. I going to get mine from ebay item # 7908271015. it came with a cigarette lighter adapter with switch, witch I really don't care too much but is onw of the lowest I saw so far.
\

·
Registered
233 Posts
i just picked up a cold cathod kit which i heard give off much more light then neon.. and is better then installing 50 little led bulbs.. when i figure out how im gonna set them up ill post pics and let u guys kno... im still waiting on the quick connectors... so i dont have to slice wires every time i pull off my fairings... if ne 1 has ne expierience with cold cathod lights please let me kno how is it

·
Registered
306 Posts
I installed many of cold cathod lights on pc's and they are not bright, not even close to the neon tube. let's put in this way on order of bright. 1st the LED bars, second the neon tubes and 3er the cathod lights. Sory for telling you this but the cathod light is not for your bike, is very delicate regarding movement, so you may going to put a new tube avery week. sorry [B)]

·
Registered
233 Posts
friend has em in his car and they r much brighter then the led streetglow i have in my car... but we will c ill post pics.. when i get it done hopefully they rnt that bad.. i got em pretty cheep

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Why not try a combo?

I'm going to buy four LED tubes from ebay ($35+ s&h), then use some windshield wiper nozzle LED lights, that I had sitting around, to accent illuminate certain spots.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.