Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Powerhungry
38,474 Posts
ok sorry about the confusion. say you're rolling down the road at 25 mph and want to put it in neutral while rolling, will ur bike let u or will it skip neutral?
it CAN be done, but its difficult. it will try to jump up to 2nd, or down to 1st. depending which way you're trying to shift it.
takes a VERY light touch to hit neutral while moving. i dont suggest trying it.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Yep it can be done.

And for the positive nuetral the bike has to be pretty much full stopped any spinning of the shaft causes ball bearings to spin out and allow the gear to move past netrual and into 2nd. When stopped the ball bearing on the top of the shaft falls into a channel not allowing the gear past netrual. I had a probelm in one of my transmissions I swapped out the stupid thing was sticking.

·
Powerhungry
38,474 Posts
Yep it can be done.

And for the positive nuetral the bike has to be pretty much full stopped any spinning of the shaft causes ball bearings to spin out and allow the gear to move past netrual and into 2nd. When stopped the ball bearing on the top of the shaft falls into a channel not allowing the gear past netrual. I had a probelm in one of my transmissions I swapped out the stupid thing was sticking.
mine has stuck on occasion also. can sometimes get to 2nd when stopped...rarely tho.

·
Powerhungry
38,474 Posts
I hate that about these bikes. I've raced dirt bikes my whole life so I'm used to rolling to a stop in neutral.
not a good idea anyway.
you should be aware of whats behind you, as your stopping. if someone isnt paying attention, you may have to move forward. cant do that in nuetral. the split second it takes to shift into gear...it might be too late...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts