Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to streetbikes, but i just got an 03 zx6r. i have to say that it is hella fast for a 600. Just a few questions for you smartie pants out there. what is the top speed? what is the type of headlights that are on the bike, and what should i do to increase performance? i was thinking a k&n filter, maybe an exhaust and a ecu upgrade. I love this bike, and i want to make it better, does anyone know any site i must check out to modify this bike, or to answer some of my questions. Thanks for the help, and long live the ninja!

"Death is Certain, Life is not."

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
to answer your questions....
I have had my '036R up to about 150 MPH but There was difinately way more power left but I wasn't wearing a helmet at the time so my ears started flapping and the wind was getting through my shades so I had to slow down. But I do want to really run her soon with a helmet ON! But I hear the top speed is around 165 stock. The headlights are both halogen type H7 55watt bulbs. i actually wouldn't waste your money on a K&N for this bike. After you take off all that extra blinker crap and throw flush mounts on it, I would get a full exhaust (I like SATO even more than ackropovic), with a power commander. but if you are so new to streetbikes I wouldn't go all crazy just yet in trying to make it faster and more HP. For a first bike there is actually TOO MUCH stock power in the 03 for you. Be safe, take some riding courses, and just get comfortable with the bike for at least a year. Also never modify the bike the firt 1500-2000 miles.

Faster then a speeding...
Ticket

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i dont plan on doing anything to it yet, just future considerations. I have ridden bikes all my life, just never owned a streetbike. Ive ridden gixxers and once a cbr 900. But i used to race dirtbikes and so i do have some skill, just not on pavement yet :)

"Death is Certain, Life is not."

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Spend your money on track days to learn how to get the most out of the power you already have under you there...

Aftermarket exhaust and possibly a power commander would be my next step. I wouldn't waste time with the K&N personally.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.