Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:D:D:D:D:D

Hey guys i just wanted to share that I finally got me a ZX-6R today...

been riding a 08 250 for bout 5 months now.. drove it straght home from the dealership today and all I can say is WOW..

I will post up some action shots soon...

I honestly am pretty impressed with the bikes performance as is stock over the 250... but I wanted to know what do you guys think is an absolute must when adding things, and modding the bike..

·
Registered
525 Posts
No advice until you put on some gloves!

Welcome to the fam by the way.

GLOVES. OH AND BOOTS TOO!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No advice until you put on some gloves!

Welcome to the fam by the way.

GLOVES. OH AND BOOTS TOO!
I have both... lol.. was not wearing them because I was only circiling around in the parking lot... (only goin 5 mph)....

Again I must say I love this bike... gotta lower it though im tippy toen :D

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Nice choice dude...the yellow is starting to grow on me! First thing is a fender emilnator. I can't stand that mudflap. I got mine from 1tail.com but hopefuilly the cops are too strict in your area.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice choice dude...the yellow is starting to grow on me! First thing is a fender emilnator. I can't stand that mudflap. I got mine from 1tail.com but hopefuilly the cops are too strict in your area.
nah.. cops have not gave me any trouble so far.. while I was riding my 250.. I have had a few turn there lights on at me and motion to slow down.. (whoops)..

but other than that no trouble..

def doin a fender eleminator.....

I want to have the suspension lowered just a hair.. I don't want to mess up the handeling...

I also need to find someone that can help dial it in to my weight and all that stuff...

Im still lookin over the manual and learnin all the bells and whistles..

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have both... lol.. was not wearing them because I was only circiling around in the parking lot... (only goin 5 mph)....

Again I must say I love this bike... gotta lower it though im tippy toen :D
Ok Ok, just wanted to make sure that before the bike went any faster than it already does, that you were protected. Hate seeing post about so and so went down and lost a hand and a foot.

So, why not do something about that ugly exhaust? Full exhaust are sexy, but if you just want looks and sound, a slip-on fits the bill. And levers, dont forget those. For me, the stock ones were nice but I hated reaching so far to get to them. I went with CRG but Pazzos and ASV's do the same thing. You could always change out those tires.. if you plan on do any canyon run or track days. The stocks are just fine, but there is a huge difference between just fine and amazing. The brakes are good as is, but eventually they will start to fade. I would change out those lines to steel braided lines when I could. Also, setup your suspension! And do that "jumper mod". Youll notice the difference.

Thats all im willing to type for now haha. As you can see, I am strictly performance. Hell, I havent washed the damn thing since.. May I think?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
hey, i just got the same color. first "mod" i did was adding rear spools so i could use my stand. next was removing those "ninja" and "zx6r" stickers. i don't like them. like this:

s3aturnr

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
the US spec setting basically cuts power after 13K RPM so that US noise-levels are met. By completing the circuit, such as adding some copper wire from one end to the other, you'll have the euro-spec setting. It's good for 9-11 hp at the rear wheel from 13-16.5K rpm.

I'm pretty sure its 13k, might be 12k .. I forgot. Either way it's a difference you will notice.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
the US spec setting basically cuts power after 13K RPM so that US noise-levels are met. By completing the circuit, such as adding some copper wire from one end to the other, you'll have the euro-spec setting. It's good for 9-11 hp at the rear wheel from 13-16.5K rpm.

I'm pretty sure its 13k, might be 12k .. I forgot. Either way it's a difference you will notice.
aside from not meeting U.S. noise specs anymore, are there any drawbacks? not sure if the euro bike has the same emissions crap on it that we do, but will it mess with any of that?

also, if this is just how it works on the euro bike, doesn't kawi have the real part that competes this connection available to anyone with $$ ???

s3aturnr

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Dude, nice bike, jumper the bike and do the FE 1st.

Stay out of Pine Mountain for a minute!!! They are Cracking down on "crotch rockets" in FDR. Give it a few weeks to cool down up there and we'll have to meet up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
nice choice man gotta love the yellow

·
Registered
82 Posts
might wanna wait on lowering it the suspension will settle alittle bit and lower just a tad after you get a couple miles on it... and check the FE thread there are some cheap ones on there you can do in like 30 minutes

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
aside from not meeting U.S. noise specs anymore, are there any drawbacks? not sure if the euro bike has the same emissions crap on it that we do, but will it mess with any of that?

also, if this is just how it works on the euro bike, doesn't kawi have the real part that competes this connection available to anyone with $$ ???

s3aturnr
None that I know of. I jumped my sister's ZX6-R months ago.

I'm assuming the wiring is different, which why we "hack" the ecu by adding a jumper wire. It works the same. Get some copper wire from your OEM turn signal (after you replace it w/ some aftermarket ones ASAP lol) and that'll do the trick.

+1 on getting frame sliders done 1st

1 - 20 of 30 Posts