Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I introduced myself in the newbie corner a while back but not in the 250 forum. So I figured now that I got pics I would say hello and show you all my new bike. I am just 17 almost 18, and took the MSF class before I started riding. I got my license already after having the permit for 6 mos. I want to eventually take a class like a track day or the California Superbike School too hopefully to improve my skills. I have about 1400 miles on this sucker so far. It's an 06 that I saved up to buy with my own money :) I just bought this Shoei helmet too that I'm pretty stoked on. So tell me what you guys think ! Thanks guys.

John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Excellent choice! I started out on the 250R, it's a great bike and I really miss it. Every time I see one it takes me back to when I first started riding.

Damn it man! They make it in black again, mine was red with purple wheels(PUKE!).

Good luck and be safe out there[8D]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, i figured i didnt want to kill myself so i would start w/ the 250, and my dad didnt want me to have a huge bike to start with anyway. i do like the black w/ silver, i could either choose that or the blue with light blue and red with light red, and went with the black :) . scoot thanks for the welcome i read that ur a youngin like me too. haha

·
Registered
319 Posts
good call on the bike, the color and the gear. you are doing it right, this is great bike to learn on and improve your skills and learn...i wish more young guys would use thier heads like you are. I have a yellow Joe Rocket mesh jacket, size medium that i would be happy to send to you if you want it. Its the "ballistic" and i know the yellow doesnt exactly match your color scheme, but its FREE!!! pm me if you want it and i will send it to you.

good luck and be careful out there.....and remember ATGATT (all the gear all the time)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the comments guys, i do have a jacket and gloves , the gloves are in the picture and i just didnt show u guys the jacket.

and titen- that's very nice of you man to offer, but i already have one. i do go gear all the time don't worry about that, i figure its very worth it in the end. i'd never ride without it. thanks again dude.

John

·
Registered
320 Posts
same color as mine, good choice! Be safe man and have fun

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
DON'T TELL HIM!!! HE'LL WANT TO RIDE YOUR BIKE!!!!!

just kidding. i'd trust bassius with my bike!

congrats and a big "good fer ya" for taking the msf class and aspiring to superbike school! sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders and a good start under your butt! i like the black & your fancy helmet.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nice bike. Sent you a PM. :D

You didn't by chance have a picture on bikepics.com of you on back of a zx-6r, did you? Your face through the helmet looks like one picture I saw..

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Originally posted by marshmallow
DON'T TELL HIM!!! HE'LL WANT TO RIDE YOUR BIKE!!!!!

just kidding. i'd trust bassius with my bike!

congrats and a big "good fer ya" for taking the msf class and aspiring to superbike school! sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders and a good start under your butt! i like the black & your fancy helmet.
:D[:p][}:)]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good looking scoot! I bought my 15, soon to be 16, year old son the red '06 250. I've also got an '89 250 that I bought for him to make all the newbie mistakes on. He takes his MFS course this weekend. I figure after about a year on the '06, he'll be bugging the crap out of me to give him my ZR-7S. At least he isn't after my Venture!

·
Registered
336 Posts
[:M68] sounds like my son. he loves my cbr1k! just dont let em ride it too much, he will get addicted...and then he wont let go. trust me

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by Scoot250
I hope you got a jacket and gloves to go along with that helmet..
Not trying to pick on you dude but it's kind of ironic isn't it that your picture shows you in a tshirt and jeans with no gloves riding a wheelie on your bike? [:M60]
(The smiley has nothing to do with anything. I just thought it was funny.)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts