Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading KF since July when I put a deposit down on a black 2008 Ninja 250. Well, as we all know, the 08 orders were canceled, so I took my place first in line for the pre-release 09 model (yes, I know its the same). In the mean time, I took the MSF course and got my liscense.

My blue 09 250 came in on schedule, so I just picked it up last weekend for the same agreed-to price that I put my deposit on the 2008 for: $4100 OTD AND 50% off a jacket!

A little about myself... I'm 20 years old and I'm a junior Virginia Tech as a Computer Engineering major. I will be using my bike to commute to campus (1 mile at 25 mph), and to ride on all these fun mountain roads here in Southwest Virginia.

So now to the bike... I love it! I'm much happier with the blue than what I had originally planned on getting. In the 5 days I have had the bike, I have put 125 miles on it. Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome. Nothing like living in the appalachian/ blue ridge area huh. We are lucky. My cuz just got her masters from VT and was there when the shooting happened. Good luck with everything and welcome. Funny how the color you end up with grows on you.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Nice bike.........the blue does look a lot darker! Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kind of a no brainer question, but just want to make sure I'm not missing something, but when you wear your jacket to school are you stuck either wearing or carrying it all day? or is there some other option like there is with a helmet. thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kind of a no brainer question, but just want to make sure I'm not missing something, but when you wear your jacket to school are you stuck either wearing or carrying it all day? or is there some other option like there is with a helmet. thanks.
Well, I feel safe enough in my 1 mile commute to campus that I dont wear my riding jacket since it would be such a pain in the ass to carry everywhere with me. As far as I know, if you wear your jacket you have to carry it with you. If there is some sort strong loop on your jacket (and you want to take a risk) you could loop it around your second helmet lock.

is it just me, or did they redo the rear fender on the '09 250R's? It doesn't seem as long.

EDIT: or did you take a dremel to the thing?
Yep, I hack sawed off the excess part of the rear fender the first night I had the bike. It still looks pretty huge and disgusting in pictures but it's not nearly as noticeable in person, so I will probably leave it that way.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just remembered a question I meant to ask before. I removed the front fender reflectors but just left the black bolt-like thing that the reflector was attached to. Is there something I can use that would match the bottom silver screws on the front fender?

I faintly remember reading that there where some "extra" silver screws somewhere near the rear of the bike (and not visible) that can be swapped out so the front end matches. Anyone know of this?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I parked next to a 2008 250 and it is DEFINITELY a lighter blue than mine. So, officially, I guess the 2009 blue is different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts