Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the lastest news on what kawi plan to show to the public.

from MCN here is what they said

"Kawasaki will combine the ZX-6R 636cc engine with the Z1000 style to create a new bike for 2004.

There will be few changes to the Z1000’s styling. A conventional single exhaust replaces the quartet of pipes on the Z1000. To keep the price of the Z636 down, it’s likely to also get right-way-up forks with little or no adjustment and a bargain-basement rear shock. The bikes strength will be the 37cc advantage it has, which will aid mid-range-torque.

Sources suggest it will launch at Milan in the autumn, priced to compete with Japanese rivals at around £4500."

Watch out SV650 :D

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider

aw what happened to the double barrel exhaust? it looks hot on the Z1000
Don't worry. Most exhaust companies know that the public likes the 4 exhaust setup on the Z1000 so with the money you save buying this one you can buy the hottest exhaust setup you can find for it :D[8D][:p].

·
Registered
119 Posts
The bike looks damn good....but the mirrors dont do it for me what about you guys? Im sure there is a way to get rid of them and put them else wear no?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The exhaust is the only thing I DON'T LIKE about the Z1000...

If you've ever seen a Z1000 with an aftermarket exhaust, you'll know what I mean... check the Akrapovic website for pics of the Z with an Evo system on it... SOOOOOOOO sweet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm betting even money that next year there WONT be a double barrell exhaust on the Z1000. Just look at Kaw, they decided to drop the 2xbarrell exhaust on the Z636. Marketing said they were popular but I own a Z and I hate em -and they weigh way more than a single can.

So lets do the math, 400#, rev happy 636, easy to ride: FUN FUN FUN!:D

·
Registered
671 Posts
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3711 Did I call it or what? And all I did was strip the bodywork off on mine, lol. I know that you will be able to at least have twin cans on the same side, because by then, Devil will have them on the market...I hope. Still waiting for them to finish so I can have them...and no they don't weigh more than most aftermarket cans, because each one is about half the size of one normal can. Plus they are carbon fiber. I weighed my stock can and it was about 15 pounds, so it has to be ligher than that!

·
Registered
202 Posts
scaramamga,how do you like your Z ??? how does the fork settings work with only one adjustable leg? what kind of rear shock does it have??? thanks TM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just thought I would mention this. Those pics are not real....they are artist renditions. To my knowledge, there has been no "official" press release from Kawasaki. That MCN quote was under a rumors section I believe, hence the "likely to get right-way-up forks" and "bargain-basement" rear shock. That would be a sweet bike though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Transman

scaramamga,how do you like your Z ??? how does the fork settings work with only one adjustable leg? what kind of rear shock does it have??? thanks TM
At stock setting its made for a 170lb person which I am so I left it. It is a tad soft but that just makes the ride nice.

Truth is I can get the tires scrubbed to the edge and the bike doesn't wallow like my old SV650. I tend not to tinker with front setups unless its way too soft so I can't comment on the one leg adjustability. I can say that I will probably kick up the rear shock preload a notch to see how that works. Sorry I couldn't offer more help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaRider

aw what happened to the double barrel exhaust? it looks hot on the Z1000
the first photos Isaw had an under seat set up kind of like the honda VFR. Looked very trick.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
ninja_69, they're talking about producing this bike IN ADDITION to the ZX6R. The new naked 636 would be the equivalent of the Z1000, not a replacement for the sportbike ZX6R.

·
Registered
26 Posts
that bike looks awesome. it's funny, i was just about to ask if kawi would ever make a bike with the 636 engine but more comfortable than the 6r.
question answered!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.