Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on guys?

New to the forum, proud owner of a 2006 ZX6R and just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been wanting a bike for a while now. My dad has been riding since he was 15 and is now 54. Unfortunately, he had a stroke about 3 months ago. Physically he's fine now. His short term memory is bad though. With all that said, he's unable to ride now and I'm sure that was a hard blow for him. Not sure what his last bike was, but it was a Green Monster!!<br>

<br>

Eitherway, since I can remember he's always rode Kaw's. My brother has a ZX9 and now I have a ZX6. Almost like the Three Bears huh?

Here's the break down:

Full system titanium Akropovic exhaust
Vortex rear sets
Galfer braided brake lines front and rear
Ohlins steering dampener
Custom mapped power comander and ignition module
Flush mount front signals
Intergrated rear signals
Hotbodies wind screen,
Kawasaki rear seat cowl

Might be some other things on here. If there are, you guys point em out. Also let me know what else I can do to this thing. Frame Sliders are first on my list. Hope you all enjoy.
Cheers!

<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Welcome....

Hi and :welcome: to KF.

I take it this is your first bike? Have you ridden before. Either way, be careful and stay safe. I wish I could comment on the pics but I don't know if I can't see them cause I'm here at work or because they are not loaded correctly. Anyways, KF is a great place to learn stuff. Just remember that the search function is your friend. Search twice, post questions once :D

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and :welcome: to KF.

I take it this is your first bike? Have you ridden before. Either way, be careful and stay safe. I wish I could comment on the pics but I don't know if I can't see them cause I'm here at work or because they are not loaded correctly. Anyways, KF is a great place to learn stuff. Just remember that the search function is your friend. Search twice, post questions once :D
Thanks for the welcome. I would ride my brothers ZX9 whenever I went back home. That thing scares the hell out of me though. Just a small twist of the wrist and you're already down the road.

I believe your job has a block on the pics. I see them just fine. I hope you take a look at them later though. It's truely an amazing bike, especially for the price.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I'm sure I do have a block. Lame ass work server. I'll check it out later. Congrats again and welcome the the Kawi Family. How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind. Just curious.

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm sure I do have a block. Lame ass work server. I'll check it out later. Congrats again and welcome the the Kawi Family. How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind. Just curious.
Cool... Bike, Taxes, Registration all cost me $7k. I still had to buy gear though, so I'm quickly working to that $8k marker.

Edit: Also the bike only has 4K miles

·
Registered
124 Posts
welcome. clean mods too. you may want to think about putting those mirrors back on. although u may only get a fix it ticket, from the SDPD.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
your bike looks real good, thats my favorite year of the zx6, your dad's zx12 looks pretty nice too. why not put up some of your brothers zx9?

and welcome to the forums

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Now that I actually got to see the pictures of the bike.....VERY nice looking bike! What a steal you got...enjoy it and be safe :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts