Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi to all of you. Got my 636 in black a few days ago. Can't wait for the break in period to finish. Two days and a hundred miles. FYI I traded my 03 R6 for the 636. I learned about the 636 while at Superbike school. Made me a convert the first day. The 636 was definitely built for the track over the R6. Huge difference compared to riding the same track with the 636.

Basically all 600s are awesome, the 636 just got me from a track perspective! Sweet bike!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
nice colour choice..the gold forks with a black body looks great! welcome to teh board

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congratulations!!! Now you know for sure you picked the best bike for you. :)

BTW, you may want to consider alternative break-in procedures. (Just run a search on "break in")

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went to Keith Code's Superbike school, a two day at the Streets of Willow Springs. So far got a few hundred miles. Put a Scotts Damper, and Sato Sliders so far. Not going to touch the exhaust since you cant ride Laguna Seca. Oh yeah, took me 1 and half hours to take off the damn rear fender. The most nervous part is replacing the cowling. I will try to take some pics today.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think they also made an adjustment to the cowl latching mechanism and softened the rear spring a bit. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.