Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New 636 Owner

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Legacy 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to all of you. Got my 636 in black a few days ago. Can't wait for the break in period to finish. Two days and a hundred miles. FYI I traded my 03 R6 for the 636. I learned about the 636 while at Superbike school. Made me a convert the first day. The 636 was definitely built for the track over the R6. Huge difference compared to riding the same track with the 636.

Basically all 600s are awesome, the 636 just got me from a track perspective! Sweet bike!

#15 ·
Went to Keith Code's Superbike school, a two day at the Streets of Willow Springs. So far got a few hundred miles. Put a Scotts Damper, and Sato Sliders so far. Not going to touch the exhaust since you cant ride Laguna Seca. Oh yeah, took me 1 and half hours to take off the damn rear fender. The most nervous part is replacing the cowling. I will try to take some pics today.

#21 ·
Yeah, an '03 fender eliminator will fit an '04. Why are you buying one anyway? Just unbolt that big black mudflap from the black and mount your plate up underneath. Either do a "Texas tuck" with the plate, or make an L-bracket from a sheet of aluminum, and you're all set. ;)

#23 ·
School was awesome! Much more confidence. First thing I realized on my first few laps was, "I suck!!!!!" I've been riding in a non-efficient manner prior to the class. Most times your response to their instruction is, "Oh, I didn't realize it was that easy. I've been making things a lot harder." I've improved probably 200% or more. Some of my buddies don't like following behind me since I don't break before turns anymore. If you are going this coming spring, maybe I will see you there!

Oh yeah, took off the Ninja and ZX6 stickers off the bike. Looks clean with just the 636. Also installed Sato sliders, rear eliminator and a Scotts Damper. Will take pics soon!

#24 ·
Originally posted by Mikey
Yeah, an '03 fender eliminator will fit an '04. Why are you buying one anyway? Just unbolt that big black mudflap from the black and mount your plate up underneath. Either do a "Texas tuck" with the plate, or make an L-bracket from a sheet of aluminum, and you're all set. ;)

I am new to this and have no idea how to it any other way. I f I remove the big mud flap where will the rear turn sig mount. I will look into it when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.