Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home with my new '06 636, black, 1600 miles. So much more responsive than carbed 2000 ZX6R. $6000 3yrs of good times protection left
Questions
Why might my handlebars vibrate quite a bit at around 80 indicated(kinda feels like a leafblower). At 60 it no where near as noticeable. Also it does have bar ends.

At around 50mph I can hear something rpm dependent coming from the radiator area, I was thinking the fan but it speeds up when accelerating and slows on engine braking(goes away with clutch). Its not a continuous noice, but not a clicking either. Reminds me of the fan on my laptop when it clicks. Not very loud at all.

2 hour rides suck(for me)

Thanks

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
It's normal. 636's just vibrate, noise is from your clutch lever. Normal...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, would a steering dampner fix that or is it to small of a vibration(opposed to a tank slapper)? Yea I need to adjust the clutch lever, has a full cm of play.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
It might take some out...not likely. The 636 engine is just really buzzy and the vibration from the engine travels up into the handle bars for some reason...invest in some soft grips. People have said heavy bar ends help, but I'm pretty skeptical.

·
Registered
315 Posts
grip puppies + weighted bar ends for the handlebar vibes

·
Registered
382 Posts
i had an r1, and an r6, they all vibrate.. I cant tell which ones bibrate more.. I do know the 636 is slightly darty in the front.. I need adapters for my scotts dampner.. except its 150 bucks.. rip off..

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh my bike got it first scratch..... on the footpegs :D

Also the noise isnt coming from the clutch pedal, and it kinda sounds like an echo noise if the makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts