333 Posts
Some said there is a pic of it in this weeks MCN
Damn we dont get it (MCN) in Australia
Can someone post it if it is there ?

mario

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hoe can you tell it looks like an r6 from that tiny pic? The small part that's visible looks a bit r6-ish, but I think ya gotta wait to see the whole thing first. It looks more like the GP bike to me.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It doesn't make sence for it to be a 636. In order for it to race in AMA etc it needs to be 600cc. The new bike will most definatly be the new track tool, so it will have to be 600cc. Now I could see them maybe selling the euro-636 as an alternative to the new 6r since it wouldn't be raced and wouldn't need to meet hom. rules. Kawi has always been about great ergos. So if they make a more track oriented bike, I could see them selling the old 6r (or 636) as an alternative for people who want the traditional kawi comfort. That's just my take on things.

·
Registered
182 Posts
well from what i can tell from the pic, the top end looks very very similar to an r6, if kawi goes with that bike then i think there will be a lot of mad ppl... and i am the first because i love the way the ninja looks why change it... it has only been produced for 3 years 00' 01' 02' .... why change it? and if you do change why copy someone? just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I'm nolt sure I like the looks yet....

I really hope Kawasaki doesn't make it super uncomfortable. I mean that's the main reason I bought the zx-6r over the other supersports.

I mean I like Grunt's idea...release the 636 as a nice street bike with the old looks, and release the new zx-6r as a track weapon....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
147 Posts
i hope that's not the green color scheme for this next model year (it's kinda butt). bike isn't a bad shape though, it's where sportbikes are going in the future, sharp curves and stuff. anyone see a pic of the ducati's for next year....???? you'll see what i mean.

billy m.
1998 ZX6R
WTF is a Gixxer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
NOTE the small decal above the turn signal......I wonder what it says....can anyone make it out hmmmm....I wonder

you may be fast...but I'm FASTER!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
hey all...first time on this board....i have an F4i..and my best friend has the ZX6R...We trade all the time and I enjoy riding his bike very much. So much more smoother shifting and smoother acceration. But anyways...I think the new one looks exactly like the R1..which is really good looking..no one know wut the new R6 is going to look like yet...can't wait for all the bikes to come out...new honda, new yammi, new kawai...

heres a pic of the new honda if any of u care...i think it looks exactly the same..maybe a little sharper..but a major upside is that it looks like its going to have undertail exhaust judging from the two pipes that are right above the pegs

James

·
Registered
182 Posts
WIth all the new bikes that are coming out they look a lot bigger in size... Do you think they gained more wieght? From the pictures they look a lot bigger then my 2000 ZX6R but I would imagine they would have to weigh more???? what do you guys think???

·
Registered
80 Posts
no way thats going to happen...if not same weight it would be less..no bike company would increase their weight..that is a sure thing for all manufactures

·
Registered
182 Posts
yeah thats true but sometimes when they come out with new models the first year they are a little more heavier then other bikes for example the 2000 ZX9R was the heaviest (and still) in the class but every year they keep changing things to make it lighter. But i think you are right in the 600 class because everything is so close that no manufactoer wants to put out the heaviest one.... no one will buy it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
quote:
hey all...first time on this board....i have an F4i..and my best friend has the ZX6R...We trade all the time and I enjoy riding his bike very much. So much more smoother shifting and smoother acceration. But anyways...I think the new one looks exactly like the R1..which is really good looking..no one know wut the new R6 is going to look like yet...can't wait for all the bikes to come out...new honda, new yammi, new kawai...

heres a pic of the new honda if any of u care...i think it looks exactly the same..maybe a little sharper..but a major upside is that it looks like its going to have undertail exhaust judging from the two pipes that are right above the pegs

James
Hey Welcome to the board, About the new F4i, I doubt well see the undertail exhaust, that pic is an artist drawing via photoshop. It would be nice to see that on a 600 though but doubtful.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.