Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered a k&n filter off ebay and should be getting my PC3 sent from neil. i have a 2bros slip on and i have micron headers sitting in my garage waitin to be put on once i get the filter and PC...

i tried searching but for sum reason ever word i try in the search function today doesnt wana work, so i was wondering if anyone has a map or 2 they could send me? i would gladly appreciate it =)

also, i was wondering if anyone heat wraps their exhaust at all? does it seem to help at all? its been gettin hot here in florida and my bike is gettin a lil hotter then id like to prefer

· Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got them from this site like a year and a half or so ago...just hadnt put them on since i was readin that it was kinda unrideable without a PC and at the time i was sticking a bunch of cash elsewhere up till now...the track day i recently had kinda pushed it as well as a buddy of mine is sticking a turbo in his S2000 and wants to race me..so i figure it will hopefully be a lil more surprise then he thinks a lil 636 will do

· Premium Member
10,438 Posts
dont waste the time with heat wrap unless you are trying to protect electronics or your shock from heat...waste of money

if ED is going to send you some maps i wont being he has all the ones i used before my head work and other things.
be sure to do the pair mod as well, since you will have the tank up or off.

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
dont waste the time with heat wrap unless you are trying to protect electronics or your shock from heat...waste of money

if ED is going to send you some maps i wont being he has all the ones i used before my head work and other things.
be sure to do the pair mod as well, since you will have the tank up or off.
Hey JD I sent him everything I had!

:)

· Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i was thinking of maybe at least heat wrapping the piping that comes up near my ace since it gets kinda hot back there...any ideas to make sure the PC3 wont get fried?

what exactly is the Pair mod? ive been on here off an on and dont member reading anythign about that? those velocity stacks worth anything or no?

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
well i was thinking of maybe at least heat wrapping the piping that comes up near my ace since it gets kinda hot back there...any ideas to make sure the PC3 wont get fried?

what exactly is the Pair mod? ive been on here off an on and dont member reading anythign about that? those velocity stacks worth anything or no?
I placed my PCIII where the exhaust servo motor once was and replaced the servo motor with the servo buddy.

;)

· Registered
401 Posts
if you're putting on micron headers so that you technically speaking will be running a full system then I would cancel the K&N filter and get a better flowing one, I think BMC does both a road and race version but I'm sure JD can give more input on this

· Registered
2,547 Posts
Well everyone has their opinion.

But IMHO if there is any difference between these air filters you probably wouldn't notice it.

;)
would send you more rep if i could, hate that debate over which is better. the difference is minimal if any. only difference I would really care to even notice is which can catch more particles.

· Premium Member
10,438 Posts
well come on now, we all know CHevy builds superior motors than ford...and well the vette is better than mustang anyday of the week, barring needing to use a back seat.

but on this filter shit, the stock one is the best out there once the screen is removed just not reusable...wish i kept the dyno results i was sent from a tuner but we are talking about 1-2rwhp in different ranges of the RPM.

· Registered
251 Posts
+1 on Jd's filter and wrap advice. But just to make sure the dead horse is properly beat. :)

Kawi's OE filter is just right for all around usage (street/ track). The differences are minor in aftermarket filters for our bikes. I have a BMC Race, did it make any difference? NOPE, but I got it for a couple bucks so who cares. Thing is the better a filter screens, the less flow it has and vice versa. The "race" filters only screen the "larger" particles (we're talinng microns here) but flow more air, hence why they suggest only track use. The HP difference really is neglitiable when compared to others, including OEM. You figure, you are buying a "supersport" not a cruiser, and even then Kawi and other manufacturers' engineers may include a higher flowing filter for better performance as OE equipment.

I also heat wrapped my midpipe. I used 1/16" thick x 2" wide. Easy to install (as long as you soke in water). It looks good me thinks, you can see it in my one pic in BOTM. Does it work?? Nope, I did it to help reduce temps for those HUMID days >80* here. Went for a ride just last night, it was 75* and humid, sweat literally ran down my legs, and bike temps were still 180 (highway)*-210 (sitting)*. Yep no difference, but looks kinda cool.. I guess.

But if you are happy with you having the filter and want to wrap, that's all that really matters. Its your bike, and you get to do and enjoy all the mods you make to her, that's one of the best parts of having her. :)

Here's the Pair Mod:
http://www.kawiforums.com/how-tos-faqs/69495-remove-ca-smog-crap-pair-kleen-mod-05-06-zx6r.html

...and speaking from an "orange suit's" perspective: The vette is the better choice (bang for your buck), I'm not a fan and personally prefer a mustang if I HAD to choose (I am a Honda fan though on 4 wheels), but the vette WILL outperform the mustang out of the box, any model, any price, even unmodded (aside from track tires), ANY day of the week on a road course. I've seen it over and over and over... :)

...damn im wordy, sorry. lol

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
...and speaking from an "orange suit's" perspective: The vette is the better choice (bang for your buck), I'm not a fan and personally prefer a mustang if I HAD to choose (I am a Honda fan though on 4 wheels), but the vette WILL outperform the mustang out of the box, any model, any price, even unmodded (aside from track tires), ANY day of the week on a road course. I've seen it over and over and over... :)

...damn im wordy, sorry. lol
Unless you need to carry more than one passenger...or would like to carry groceries in your car......

;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.