Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded from my 250 to a ZX-6R!
:Bike:

I'm super happy! Just wanted to share and give some feedback on my experience going from the 250 to the ZX-6R.

The first thing I did was get the new bike lowered. I was riding the 250 at stock height w no issues (I'm 5'3"). When I got the ZX-6R home I was tip-toeing and couldn't even move her around the garage :(
She's lowered about an inch and a half and I can move her around and feel a lot more comfortable.

I also got frame sliders put on, which was good because I already dropped her in the garage :( The kickstand is tricky to get to (or I'm not used to it yet) and my pants got caught on the peg and over we went :( Luckily my baby was unscathed!

The biggest issue I've had thus far is getting used to the power difference. I've stalled out a couple times just because I'm nervous about throttling too much because I know I have a lot more power now. It's forcing me to get a good handle on the friction zone of the new bike so that is a plus. I've been a bit jerky on the throttle as well, but I'm sure the finesse will come with time.

The other challenge I've had coming from a 250 is the riding position. It didn't take me long to get used to the Super Sport pose. It's a bit more forward and on the tank and I was nervous at first but after a couple laps around my neighborhood I was fine.

Attachments

· Registered
629 Posts
Good looking bike. You'll get used to the bike with experience.

· Registered
4 Posts
My wife loves her ZX-6r. She is going to upgrade to a MV-Agusta 800 soon, but the 600 is amazing. It continues to be one of the best 600s on the market. We have had it for some time now (5+ years) and have never had an issue with it.

Great looking bike, as long as you take your time and don't push the limits too soon, you will have no issues on the ZX-6r :)

· Registered
2 Posts
You suit the bike. I love the Kawasaki Green - I'm sure you are turning heads already. I have the older model 2008 ZX6R in Kawasaki Green, its raw in its performance and riding positioning but never looked back since. All the best!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts