Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like the battery to me. The same thing happened when my bike was new. Guys at dealership did all this voltage testing with the bike off and running but every morning it was dead and had to be jumped. The finish was rode to the dealer to tell them about it again and they went to pull the bike into the shop and it wouldn't start. New battery...since then everything as been fine.

Old enough to know better...young enough not to care.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would guess that your battery is just on its way out. Once you get it started the charging system takes over and you really never use your battery. As you ride to work, the charging system charges the battery back up, and since you are at work all day(chances are the weather is warmer than in the morning when you try to start it) the battery has plenty of juice to start your bike so that you can get home. I would get a new battery if i were you. YUASA offers a new battery that gives out the same or even better charge and its smaller than stock. It also weighs nearly 4 pounds less than stock.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
156 Posts
for the last week or so in the morningi've had to jump the battery to get her going....(it's bene aboput 40degrees a tngiht al winter i had no problem starting her up 1x a week in 20 degree nights)

in the morn i'd come out turn the choke on and push the starter... i hear the battery but it slowly dies in less than 5 seconds...
so i jump her.. springs to life.. i ride to work... leave work 8 hours later and the battery is fine...

what gives a new battery??

could it be anythign else?(please tell me step by step how to do it if possisble i am mechanical but bikes are new to me.)

the battery is the stock one from 2000....

thanks for info.[:p]

to get over someone .....get under someone!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.