Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up? I keep having to jump start my 7. Once it starts it runs fine, but it won't hold the charge for very long after I kill it, maybe a day or so. I had Auto Zone charge the battery about three mos after I bought it when it started acting up. That worked for a while, but now I still pretty much have to jump the bike everytime I start it. But today, when I get to work, I'm just about to back her into the spot and, she just died right there. I tried to crank it over, and nothing. just clicking. This was after a half hour trip to work in which she was sitting in traffic for maybe 25 mins. I ordered a battery tender, but I don't think that will fix the issue. Could the battery be defective, or do you think I have a drain somewhere. I'm just frustrated right now and leaning towards a new battery, keep in mind the one I have was purchased over the summer, but I lost the recipt so I'm SOL. If that is the case, can anyone reccomend a good name battery, I want something with some serious cranking amps. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
motorcycle batteries arent like car batteries, if they die... there is a very slim chance that you can save them.

it should be replaced every 2-3 years anyways, get a new battery. any battery will be ok. cheaper ones just wont last as long.

seeing as how you now have the tender, if ever not riding for an extended period of time, hook the tender up just to keep the battery happy.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, because it has been completely dead. Then I had Auto Zone charge it overnight, and it worked great again for a little while. SO you're saying it's still could be f**ked? That would make sense if that was the case

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The alternator is fine, I had my buddy check it out with his voltage meter gadget, and gave it the thumbs up, so I think it is just a battery issue. The battery is almost new, just bought it this season, so I don't want to ditch it just yet. I picked up a battery tender, and that seems to be doing the trick in between rides, so I think I'll hold out on another battery until next year. I'll just add that to the list of off season projects right behind paint. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.