Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a black 250r this evening and its great.The power is adequate specially for learning and it looks good. I almost bought an FZR600 two days ago but the seller didn't have the title, I'm glad I bought the ninja. Will post pics later.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Awesome, congrats on the new bike! Be sure to get some good riding gear as well (e.g. Helmet, jacket, gloves, overpants, and boots).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

I just ordered some back protection, you can never be too safe.Looking to keep it stock,the bike came with 150mm rear tires and 120mm front. In the car world, wider tires and better compound helps , I wonder if 150mm is even necessary on a 250.Don't mind the messy boxes, I had to rent someones garage to keep my bike from being stolen.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, does anyone know what kind of slip on I have ?....for a second it look like a full exhaust, I have to see how a stock one looks like.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stock one look like this:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess the original owner cut my fenders as well. I think my front wheels came from a green ninja.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked out my bike, it definitely has a full exhaust. The idle was smooth, so the carbs must have been re-jetted. I wonder what else has been done to it.The power was not bad for a 250R. I wish I had more seat time.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think my front wheels came from a green ninja.
That is just green rim tape, it should just peel off. Looks good, ya someone has hacked ff the fender. I put a fender eliminator kit on my wifes bike and it looks much better, but that is an opinion and we all know opinions are like assholes:D

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
grats great first bike,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is just green rim tape, it should just peel off. Looks good, ya someone has hacked ff the fender. I put a fender eliminator kit on my wifes bike and it looks much better, but that is an opinion and we all know opinions are like assholes:D
Why would someone put green tape on a black bike? I believe I'm the third owner, the guy I bought it from only used it for 2 months so the first owner must have put the green tape. The fender eliminator definitely looks cleaner, I wanted to get one this week.However, I have to buy a KOYO radiator for my miata before a track day. I guess I have to wait until later.Plus I also need to buy those frame sliders.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome, congrats on the new bike! Be sure to get some good riding gear as well (e.g. Helmet, jacket, gloves, overpants, and boots).
I'm definitely working on it, I need to save up for a 1pice suit in the future. This hobby is expensive.
She likes it and that is what matters - happy wife=happy life ;)
+1
grats great first bike,
Thanks, I'm planning to stay 250 for a while until I can get some good experience. It took me a while to be fast in my miata at the tracks, I need to put the same time and effort on the baby ninja.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is just green rim tape, it should just peel off.
It looks like it painted, I can't even peel it of. I might just tape over it.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
For every day riding a mesh jacket,kevlar jeans full boots and gloves should be enough you want protection but don't want to hate the gear were you will start to hate it

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For every day riding a mesh jacket,kevlar jeans full boots and gloves should be enough you want protection but don't want to hate the gear were you will start to hate it

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I'm working on it. I got the gloves and boots.However, I also want to get a 1 piece suit,with matching boots,spine,and elbow protector for the future. All this stuff cost money. It reminds me of the time wen I first bought my snowboard gear..oh man it was some serious dough. I could use some coaching in the corners though.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts