Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what came over me but I just traded my '04 for an '05!
I've said all along that I prefer the look of the '04 (tail section) and that hasn't changed but I took this '05 out for a rip and instantly fell in love! It's used with 3,000km on it but in immaculate shape. Brembo master cyclinder, MRA screen, R&G frame sliders and carbon fiber engine covers. ...and it's GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally got a green Kawi!
I know it looks like every other green zx6r on the forum but this one is MINE! Damn I haven't been this excited in a long long time!
Sorry for the crappy night pics, will get some better shots tomorrow.
-anth-

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Lets see that pic of your brembo...I will have mine on in another 2 weeks, with some woodcraft clipons and debating on changin the on/off switch assembly to a thin version as well...but then i wont have a lap timer...[V]

·
Registered
394 Posts
and, how does it compare to the '04?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Fade-Dude
and, how does it compare to the '04?
well i've only ridden for an hour, plan to do more tomorrow but so far i'm pretty impressed!
sems to handle just a bit better than my '04 and a bit more power. this of course could of just been my '04 but the new one definately feels quicker, more agile.
pretty disappointed with the stock pipe though, way too quiet!
anth

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some slightly better pics.
you guys wanted to see the brembo and the engine covers.....my camera battery died so i'll get more of the brembo later today.

i'm so impressed with this bike man! i'm not a bike expert nor am i an engineer so i can't explain why but this thing corners much easier than my '04, seems to dig in deeper. steering the bike is also smoother and the throttle is just so precise, no jerking at all. shifting is quicker and smoother as well. as i said before this could be that my '04 wasn't as new or as well tuned as this. either way it's a definate step up. aside from the ugly tail [:0]

anth

·
Registered
420 Posts
i love the engine covers, i wish they made them for my bike. then again, ill just wait till the 07 zx6r comes out so i can get my paws on a 06 that they wana get rid of so they can make room for the new ones ;) and its gona be green ofcourse. Green is faster [:M10]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice bike man! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
[:ThreadSucks]
but only cause i'm not sporting that ride...that brembo master cylinder is SWEEEEEET! congrats

·
Registered
857 Posts
nice now update your bike year in your info ;) is that the brembo off your 04 or this biek had one aswell?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys! thanks for all the comments!
the brembo was there so the one on my '04 stayed.
ya, the plate is a bit crazy man!
anth

N

·
0 Posts
the 05-06's are just all around better bikes than the previous years. plain and simple.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
the 05-06's are just all around better bikes than the previous years. plain and simple.
I can't buy that.

anth--Nice bike, at least it's green.

--David

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.