Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the ZX6R plasma blue 2006 model about a month ago. I am in love with it! My room mate bought his GSXR 600 the same day i bought my bike. This is my first bike..and wow what an impression it has made on me!

I found out about this site from a fellow kawasaki 636 rider that I met at a 7-11 today.. so im lookin forward to hanging around here!

I am making a concious effort not to ride with sandals anymore! lol I've heard stories

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Wecome fellow VA rider. Yeah, toss the sandals before you ride! Get you a jacket and gloves at least to start out for some gear. That thing is a rocket that can teach you a lesson real quick. Ride safe and enjoy the hell out of it!

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Yeah, lose the sandals; Barefoot is the way to go...LOL.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Blue is the only way to fly. ;)

Gorgeous bike. Take care of it, and ride safe, and it will take care of you.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by hokie636
The '06 blue is so much nicer than the '05 blue. Of course we all know magma is faster!
I disagree, especially about Magma being faster. Magma is the slowest color out there!

...only reason I decided against getting a new (flat matte) blue '06 is because it's hard to maintain that finish

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Welcome to the site. Get some gear or be prepared to get harassed about not wearing any. Either way, ride safe.

--David

·
Registered
136 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

I disagree, especially about Magma being faster. Magma is the slowest color out there!

...only reason I decided against getting a new (flat matte) blue '06 is because it's hard to maintain that finish
I have an 05 TI which has that matte finish and it's easy as hell to keep clean. Anyway the Tang yellow 10 is the fastest :D which is what i'm workin on tryin to get
Anyway desiprinze02 Welcome and ride safe too many new riders go down tryin to prove themselves. Don't be that guy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the awesome welcome guys! Yea ive got a good ICON riding jacket.. and i ride with sneakers..and obviously my helmet. I have a passenger helmet now too so its all good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like my black fairing on the bottom to be the same plasma blue as my bike.. how do I go about doing this? And will it be expensive?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
You can get the matching paint, the codes are on here somewhere. Shouldn't be a problem after you find the paint, especially since yours is matte rather than cleared.

·
Registered
562 Posts
All Black is STEALTH, so that is why Black is faster....j/k it don't matter they all are great colors. I only chose black b/c if I ever wanted to change the color I thought black would be the easiest. Enjoy it...

--Anthony

·
Registered
182 Posts
Damn that bike looks awesome. I have no regrets for getting my zzr600. i love it to death. On the other hand though, there was an 04 636 sittin next to it for about $1000 cheaper. Now i'm getting some riding experience and learning the little qwerks different bikes have, and the what if's are starting to pop up.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Money! I was thinkin of the zzr600 too.. but decided "hey what the hell".. this one rides brilliant! I prefer it to a gsxr600... the throttle on the kawa 636 is a lot more sensitive I feel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.