Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a zx6r j2 and it's greennnnnnn.
it's done about 4000 miles and is mint cond, and i mean mint.
i got a £300 alarm with it, and as i am only 18 i had to get it put back to 33bhp, which the shop done for free.
and i so happy, i took some pictures today of it and i am going to post them up soon asap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it is, but i guess it's a good idea because i just come off a aprilia rs125. i think they just don't want people like me going from a 125 to a 600 and then killing myseft.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i'm confused (like it doesn't happen often ;) In Europe, they make you decrease your bikes HP because of your experience? How do you get a 95bhp bike down to 33 bhp? put sand in the tank!?

Seriously, what are the requirements, and how is that process done at the shop?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Easiest would be an air restrictor. Same thing they use in the pros. Nowadays I'd bet on something electronic.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Dang, no way I would want to pay for a bike and then have someone tell me I couldn't utilize all of it.

That limit is for what a year? Or until a certain age?

Congrats on the new bike.

-Flash

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well they put a couple of bolts somewhere on the engine or around it, and then it is put back from 100bhp to 33bhp. and it depends on what bike test you do. because if you are 21 or over you can do a test and ride anything but if you are under 21, you have to do a two year restrictedtest which i am doing because i am 18. and after two years i can ride anything.

hope you get that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
what kind of ass backward system is that, i guess its better than having all those kids killing themselves with these motorbikes...........hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.