Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Spokane on Saturday and Just got some new galfer brake pads today and will not have any time to ride the bike before the track.

Will using brand spanking new brake pads on the track without any easy street time cause problems?

BTW: Galfer SS brake lines kick ass!!!

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it too much, a few laps and they will bed in, but the feel may be a lot different then what your use to, so take a hot lap or something to see how they react. When I rough my rotors up to take away shuttering and squeaking on the street it takes a few good stops to get them to actually stop normally.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've seen more than a few guys bedding in new pads in the pits on the morning of a track day. I'd do that before hammering them on the track.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You should be fine..make sure you use some disk quite to stop the squeaking. Also most racing pads don't really require many bed-in miles...just a couple of laps and you will be fine.:D

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Warning: If you change your pads at the track or do not ride before you get there, make sure you pump your brakes before you get out on the track. Actually, before you even take it off of the stand. I've heard stories of guys running off of the track at crazy speeds as they enter turn 1 and attempt to get on the brakes to find out the piston was still compressed from when they installed the brakes. [B)]

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Just a sticky spray that adheres whatever it touches to the backing of the pad, suppose to stop the pad from sliding around..The clips for the calipers should hold them tight however.. Most the squeaks i've heard from brakes are due to the rotor being very very smoothed over after a long time of riding, whether the pad vibrates against the face of the rotor or what I dont know but I do know that scuffing the rotor up will take this away for quite a while.. Look at a new bike and see the finish on the rotors, thats what to shoot for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.