Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about brake pads. I have a '06 6r with 6000kms on it or about 3800 miles and I find the front brakes squeek alot when coming to a stop. I don't hear any noises when braking hard, just when I am slowly rolling to a light or in traffic, etc. I remember reading that it could just be oil or dirt on the pads but don't know if that is true. Would you think the pads need to be changed because they are worn out or could there actually be some dirt on them causing the noise. I find the sqeeking makes me a little nervous, like the tire is gonig to fall off or something and it freaks me out.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i believe it's normal for pads to sqeak some. they are prolly glassed over a bit. your tire or brakes are not going to fall off tho. with 3800 miles, i wouldn't worry about it. they'll prolly quit soon. oil on the pads wont make them squeak, it would make them not work. if it bothers u much just put on some new pads and scuff ur rotors. i suggest factory pads, i put some different ones on the rear of mine that were supposed to be better and they wore out quick.

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
and oil on the rotors or pads can most def cause a squeak. among other things.
but id say try scuffing the pads , then cleaning with brake clean.
mine have been squeaking a bit too. but that didnt start till after the 10k mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.