Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 09 250r in metallic black today.
Others have posted that the blue has changed.
Can we confirm the new colors here.
Anyone else have an 08 or 09 in metallic black?
Has the red changed?

Build date on this 09 is 07/08.

·
Registered
333 Posts
There are about fifty other 2009 color post, however there is no official word from kawi yet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, if it is a redundant thread.
But I say for a fact that this 09 is metallic black.
Official word or not.
The pre-release memo just says black, red and blue.
I forgot to ask the dealer about colors today, but he said the 09 spec sheet is out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It appears the 09 come in metallic diablo black.
On a Mercedes it was a $800 upgrade and I only paid an extra $500, HA.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Pics dont help the colored blind!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw the 09 Blue and it's a darker blue than previous years. No more Cany Plasma Blue or whatever it was called in 08. Was also told that the spec sheet only shows Red, Blue, and Black.

No more Kawi green?

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Yeah, you missed it. Thought kkim might be interested in seeing the new shade of green Kawasaki has for '09. He's all about green. Rides it...drinks it...etc.
Sometimes, I'll even shit green.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
It seems like some people are threatened by the 09s coming out already or something. :wtf:

Every "I got an 09" thread has someone chiming in saying "OMG that's not a REAL 09. It's just an 08 called an 09."

What does it matter? :lol: It's the same bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That Candy Lime green looks kinda nice....but it just isn't that infamous Kawi green, it's too pale in color.
Regardless, I still haven't seen any posts of people receiving a green 09. I think we have seen black, red, and blue mentioned, but no green.

Glad I got mine in 08 :) This bike just wouldn't be the same to me if it wasn't green.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
It seems like some people are threatened by the 09s coming out already or something. :wtf:

Every "I got an 09" thread has someone chiming in saying "OMG that's not a REAL 09. It's just an 08 called an 09."

What does it matter? :lol: It's the same bike.
I don't think it's so much about feeling threatened, but about not wanting to embrace inuendo as fact. A lot of people jumped on the memo about the "pre-release" 09's like that info applied to all forthcoming Ninja 250s for 2009, when it only concerned the pre-release models. If that info becomes fact for all 2009s, that's fine with me, but it irks me when people start stating things about all the 2009 models as fact when no info about the true 2009 production run has been released by Kawasaki. Just because there is a void of information right now does not make it okay to float rumors based on memos to dealers that may have nothing to do with what we will actually see once Kawasaki updates it's web site with the 2009 Ninja. So far we have seen at least 2 slightly different colors, Blue and Diablo Black Metallic. It may be true that Kawasaki will have no Lime Green Ninjas in 2009, or they may introduce one in Candy Lime Green. To state anything as fact before the dealer meeting is concluded and the web site is updated with real information is just messing with people. Kelly's all ready to offer his "rare" Lime Green bike to the Smithsonian for a tidy sum, but will they pay less for it if Kawasaki decides at the last minute to offer a 2009 Ninja in Candy Lime Green? :D I think everyone should hold their water with speculations until we have some facts, which hopefully will be real soon.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Safe bet is that black has changed to metallic black.
Blue "may" have changed.
Red "may not" have changed.

I thought the pre-release memo referred to orders as pre-release and the paint colors referred 09 bikes.
I could read the memo that kkim posted, to check the verbiage, but fact checking clearly is not required here.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts