Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

New colors for the 09 250r

6K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  CZroe 
#1 ·
I picked up a 09 250r in metallic black today.
Others have posted that the blue has changed.
Can we confirm the new colors here.
Anyone else have an 08 or 09 in metallic black?
Has the red changed?

Build date on this 09 is 07/08.

This post has been deleted
#17 ·
It seems like some people are threatened by the 09s coming out already or something. :wtf:

Every "I got an 09" thread has someone chiming in saying "OMG that's not a REAL 09. It's just an 08 called an 09."

What does it matter? :lol: It's the same bike.

#19 ·
It seems like some people are threatened by the 09s coming out already or something. :wtf:

Every "I got an 09" thread has someone chiming in saying "OMG that's not a REAL 09. It's just an 08 called an 09."

What does it matter? :lol: It's the same bike.
I don't think it's so much about feeling threatened, but about not wanting to embrace inuendo as fact. A lot of people jumped on the memo about the "pre-release" 09's like that info applied to all forthcoming Ninja 250s for 2009, when it only concerned the pre-release models. If that info becomes fact for all 2009s, that's fine with me, but it irks me when people start stating things about all the 2009 models as fact when no info about the true 2009 production run has been released by Kawasaki. Just because there is a void of information right now does not make it okay to float rumors based on memos to dealers that may have nothing to do with what we will actually see once Kawasaki updates it's web site with the 2009 Ninja. So far we have seen at least 2 slightly different colors, Blue and Diablo Black Metallic. It may be true that Kawasaki will have no Lime Green Ninjas in 2009, or they may introduce one in Candy Lime Green. To state anything as fact before the dealer meeting is concluded and the web site is updated with real information is just messing with people. Kelly's all ready to offer his "rare" Lime Green bike to the Smithsonian for a tidy sum, but will they pay less for it if Kawasaki decides at the last minute to offer a 2009 Ninja in Candy Lime Green? :D I think everyone should hold their water with speculations until we have some facts, which hopefully will be real soon.

#20 ·
Safe bet is that black has changed to metallic black.
Blue "may" have changed.
Red "may not" have changed.

I thought the pre-release memo referred to orders as pre-release and the paint colors referred 09 bikes.
I could read the memo that kkim posted, to check the verbiage, but fact checking clearly is not required here.

#21 ·
Safe bet is that black has changed to metallic black.
Blue "may" have changed.
Red "may not" have changed.

I thought the pre-release memo referred to orders as pre-release and the paint colors referred 09 bikes.
I could read the memo that kkim posted, to check the verbiage, but fact checking clearly is not required here.
Everyone assumed from that memo that the bikes would only be available in black, red and blue. Now that people are actually getting them *surprise* it's not black, red or blue. It's Diablo Black Metallic, Red and Blue (sans Candy Plasma). There was nothing in the memo about the colors changing, even slightly. For all those who think they "know" what the 2009 Ninjas will be like, that was your wake-up call. Don't assume or think you know anything about next year's model until it's actually here and you can touch it at a dealership!

#27 ·
I thought you were saying we can't know until we can see or touch it.
Well, mine is in my garage and it is metallic black.
So, I think I know.
The 09 Ninja 250r comes in metallic black.
The memo suggests the colors for early release and 09 production models are the same.
I know it comes in metallic black, I think it is metallic diablo black.

#31 ·
in the context of that memo, when it says the 2009 model they are referring to the early release 2009 model. there is no information whatsoever in that memo that refers to the standard 2009 model. everything in that memo refers to the early release model.

that being said, i could be wrong but i believe the early release 2009 model will be the actual 2009 model. in that context, the 2009 bikes being purchased today are early release 2009 model bikes but the only difference is they are "early" and presently, you will only see 3 colours until they are done releasing bikes early....after that you may see more.

to clarify, i don't think there will be a significant difference between the early release 2009 model and the standard 2009 models. in essence, the early release 2009 model is a 2008 sans green and when they finish up the one or two changes, you get the standard 2009 model.

does that make sense? also i don't believe there is any significance to the names of the colours....that's just us being overly picky. :)

#32 ·
Oh my gosh!!! lol this is crazy we are all sitting here looking at the computer talking about these colors as if it matters what we say about them. None of us KNOW anything for sure. I think we should waste our time on a more useful thread lol. But it's so easy to get caught up in isn't it?:rolleyes:

#34 ·
Hello...new to Kawi ninjas. I put a deposit down earlier this week. Just spoke to the dealer today. She doesn't know exactly until the dealer meeting next weekend about when the shipments will be coming in. But she said she had the spec sheet for the 09 ninja 250's. Now whether she was ready the "pre-release" memo or not I don't know. But she said that the colors were going to be Black, red and blue. No green, but she suspects that the green may be "special edition" bike. Again, we wont know anything until after their dealer meeting.

#45 ·
Hello...new to Kawi ninjas. I put a deposit down earlier this week. Just spoke to the dealer today. She doesn't know exactly until the dealer meeting next weekend about when the shipments will be coming in. But she said she had the spec sheet for the 09 ninja 250's. Now whether she was ready the "pre-release" memo or not I don't know. But she said that the colors were going to be Black, red and blue. No green, but she suspects that the green may be "special edition" bike. Again, we wont know anything until after their dealer meeting.
:cheers-004: You get a cookie for that line in my book!

Congrats to you & archetype1 on getting new 250r's :)

#35 ·
WOW, I think this is the most frusterating thread I have read on these boards.
You never get to watch yourself ride anyways, or see how "cool" you look with your matching gear-to-bike colors anyways.
Many people, like myself, didn't even get the color they wanted anyways....demand is high, if you want it now you take what you can get before the next guy swoops it up right in front of you! If sales of the 09s are anything like the 08s it's going to be the same game with a higher price and one less color to battle over!

#37 ·
I totally see your point. When I put my deposit down, I gave them my color preference. But I don't really care which color I get. All the colors will be great regardless. They are all workable colors. I just want to get on the road. I am a new rider, I have a Triumph, Bonneville and am not very confortable on it (have already gotten hurt on it). I want something I can handle and am confident on. I don't care what color it is. I just want to get on the road.

I know you guys are true die-hard kawi riders, I love Kawasaki bikes. And I know that the 250 is perfect for me right now.

#38 · (Edited)
I'm probably gonna get nailed for this next statement but :
When I first started looking at bikes, I hated the green. HATED it.
So I bought a Black 2006.
Now, after actually seeing a green 2008 250R up close ... I WANT ONE. Those damn things look awesome!
Consider me converted.
There's a guy near me in Charlotte NC that is selling a near-mint stock green 2008 w/ 41 miles on it ... I might just go buy it and sell my 2006 to my best friend. he's needing a bike BAD.
If the 2009s don't come in green, don't buy one. Wait for the green to come back :cool:

UPDATE : I called the guy with the green up ... he sold it 2 hours before I called ... damn

#39 ·
Kawasaki updated their site

Kawasaki Updated their site today. Here's the link courtesy of kkim:

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=359

I just picked up my brand new 2009 ninja 250 last night. We took pics today. I really like the blue. I'm not sure about last years blue, but this one is a really nice shade and has a slight metallic look. Again, I don't know if last years did as well.

Attachments

#40 ·
Kawasaki Updated their site today. Here's the link courtesy of kkim:

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=359

I just picked up my brand new 2009 ninja 250 last night. We took pics today. I really like the blue. I'm not sure about last years blue, but this one is a really nice shade and has a slight metallic look. Again, I don't know if last years did as well.
kawi_girl should be renamed lucky_girl :clap: Congrats on the new and awesome bike !
No new bikes in my area yet ... but I can hardly wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.