Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New daytona 600

844 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  spartan 116 
#1 ·
I just came back to work after visiting my local triumph dealership with a couple friends. They are having an open house, and it was a nice day for a ride :)

I like the styling on the new 600, especially the way they "cut" the tank. It also looked like the tank protector might be factory[?]

Sorry no pics.

#2 ·
I read that the 600 is a much better bike this year, still way behind the big four, but much improved. One of the things the reviewers did not like about it was the tank and fairings, they said the tank was too wide and the fairings touched your knees with the bigger riders.

#5 ·
It probably is still behind the big four, but it's nice to see that they are improving things. I would venture to guess that it's probably every bit as good as or better than my '97 6R. I enjoy diversity and the appearance of different bikes. I guess that's why I dream of having a whole garage full someday, and I usually don't sell my old bikes.

#7 ·
Odd in the United States having to turn to England for proper moto coverage, but there you go.

Superbike did an interesting "old vs. new" middleweight comparo not long ago, comparing the old and new Daytona, Honda F41 and RR, '02 and '03 ZX, plus a few others.

The new Daytona buries the TT by a large margin. They do not believe it can compete directly with the current JPN 600s, however. For an English mag to say this takes a fair amount of balls, IMO.

This is not to say the current Daytona 600 is a "bad" bike, by any stretch. Like most offerings from Aprilia, if you want something different that works, get one. Depends if you want pure function or style: there isn't any "rational" reason to buy a Ducati 999R, either, when a Colin Edwards replica Mille R will do the job for substantially less, but I bet they still sell a few.

-=DRB=-

#8 ·
I remember reading in the book Idoru of William Gibson a character saying:
"Hernandez, his shift super, said you couldn't trust an Englishman to build anything much bigger than a hat, not if you wanted it to work when you needed it..."
Thats my opinion on british built cars and bikes[:M18].

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.