Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my new paint mods to my new bike. It only cost less that $6. but some time to remove and reinstall windshield bolts, bar ends and brake caps.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Lookin good bro. Excellent use of $6 from what I can see.[:M86]

·
Registered
469 Posts
What color is that and where did you get it. I am repainting my bike this winter and want to use that color as the main color. I was just looking at using a black cherry but I like the looks of yours.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks good.

This is what I picked up for 30 bucks. Made from billet alum and its adonized with the same color as the rest of the alum peices

Also no need for the sock. The alum doesnt expand eliminating the chance of spill

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchase a can of dark cherry red matalic paint from Pep boys auto parts for $6. and it's a little darker that the rest of the bike but it still looks very good overall.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by GingerNinja
Looks good.

Also no need for the sock. The alum doesnt expand eliminating the chance of spill
I believe the sock is supposed to keep the fluid cooler. When racing you get it wet(not dripping), put it on, and the wind keeps it kooler. Atleast thats what i was told when i raced. :)
Nice job to both of you though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Originally posted by aln413

I believe the sock is supposed to keep the fluid cooler. When racing you get it wet(not dripping), put it on, and the wind keeps it kooler. Atleast thats what i was told when i raced. :)
Nice job to both of you though.
I have always wondered why ppl had those bands on!

·
Registered
527 Posts
From what I've read about the socks, they are also intended to soak up any loose fluid from aggresive riding, to keep it from leaking onto the pavement/bike...

GunRunner

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
The sock is also there to keep the sun off your fluid. As we know, everything degrades in the sun over time, break fluid degrades rapidly and therefore if you keep it out of direct dun it will last longer. Pretty much like the oil in your bike, ride hard and hot and the oil will degrade faster then if you ride casual, heat reaks the oil down as it does with break fluid as well. Atleast thats what they told us at MMI (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, the band protects the fluid from the sun and also leaks from the tank and I think it looks better with it [:M88]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.