Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i purchased a full sytem exhaust for my bike. I know i need a power commander, which i will get as soon as i have some extra money. My question is, can i get away with using the bike without it for hopefully for no more than a couple months without it? I know its not the best idea but i REALLY want to put the new exhaust on. How bad will it affect things? If it makes a difference, i ride it less than less than 100 miles a week, just to and from work mostly, which is maybe 10 miles or so each way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So i purchased a full sytem exhaust for my bike. I know i need a power commander, which i will get as soon as i have some extra money. My question is, can i get away with using the bike without it for hopefully for no more than a couple months without it? I know its not the best idea but i REALLY want to put the new exhaust on. How bad will it affect things? If it makes a difference, i ride it less than less than 100 miles a week, just to and from work mostly, which is maybe 10 miles or so each way.
I have full 2 brothers exhaust without PC. 2 years now without any issues. Go for it

I know it's not correct, I'm just saying you will be ok for a little while

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is a PC a must? I've got an aftermarket exhaust (the previous owner put it on. I never cared enough to remember the name. I'd check but it's about 20 degrees outside.) And no PC. I rise it 30 miles a day, 4 days a week. Plus Ann extra non work time I get in. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. So I get some back firing I kinda like it. I'm sure I'm committing a heinous sin, but Jack is fine. I don't think it'll kill the bike for not having a PC. Your bike will be fine. I'd still get one, just to cover all bases. I will actually install one. It is on my list, along with a throttle lock. But I bought a speedo healer first.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Required? Doubtful. Helpful? Very much. I was able to remove a few small dislikes, such as popping on decel, lean spots in the factory map, and timing adjustments I wanted with my PCV. Get one when you can, because there are benefits. I wouldn't stress about it though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Power Commanders are a waste of money. For $239 I mailed my ECU out to get flashed. The company website shows what models they have maps for and you tell them your mods. I went full mod by blocking off the PAIRS and removing the O2 sensor which is way more work if you're doing it yourself but if you tell them you just have a full system exhaust and want to keep the rest stock they'll flash it anyway you want. My bike has no flat spots. Rarely back pops on decel. Just a really smooth throttle. PC's cost almost twice as much as a flash and take forever to tweak. If you're not happy with the flash, with the company I sent mine to, they offer unlimited re-flashing. Let me know if you're interested because this company knows their stuff.

By the way, a proper tune like mine? I did not sacrifice any gas mileage at all. The bike now breathes properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts