Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new Micron highmount on my 03. sounds and looks great. It idled fine at first but it startede idleing at lower rpm's untill it won't run unless i have the choke half way out. I'm about to go adjust the idle adjuster and see if thats enough to do it.
I'm mostly wondering if anyone knows if it's the computer learning the new exhaust, is this normal, a complex problem, and simple one.

and i'm sorry if someone else posted this and i just didn't see it

thanks guys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I should have my micron highmount anyday, so I'll let you know if I encounter the same problem on my '03.

I plan on getting the PCIII in the next couple of months. They have a map available for our '03 636 with the micron slip-on.[:p]

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
is it a full system?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No i don't have a full sys, or a power comander, i'm gonna get one when i get my headers. I played with my idle adjust and it's pretty much okay, it was just kinda wierd.

the computer in there is supposed to adjust to the compressoion/flow difference, which mine is doing fine.. you should only really need a power commander for full sustems.. and pipe doesn't give you enough power gain to really worry about it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i had a micron carbon fiber highmount put on.
my bike back fires once in a while and smells a little exausty
i was told to get a power commander
because it needs to be remapped.
i love the way it sounds though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.