new bar ends (same as stock but alu) took 15 mins to do it

alu nuts to install other fairing bolts

alu nuts/ new alu bracket/ and anodized bolts

cant find tank bolts amd rearseats bolts
friend will make em from TI and anodize :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
yep she is crying "WASH me PLease " lol but the screws are hot i am goin to redo my screws too but i will be going with gold)[:p]

·
Registered
603 Posts
Originally posted by alor14582
yep she is crying "WASH me PLease " lol but the screws are hot i am goin to redo my screws too but i will be going with gold)[:p]
Gold sounds quality! Where are those available from??

·
Registered
303 Posts
Fairing bolts - nut problem

Has anyone popped out the rubber grommetted nut that attaches to the inner piece of plastic that the outter piece of fairling bolts to?

It pops into a small hole where a rubber lip (or flange) fits throught the hole (to the outside holding it in place) ... and the rubber embedded screw is on the inside. I accidentally pushed one of mine out and its freaking impossible to put it back. I tried tweezer, vaseline, needle nose pliers, etc. ... I quit trying after 30 minutes because I didn't want to tear it up.

I just put a couple of washers and regular nut on the stock bolt. It keeps it together pretty good and I check it regularly but its not right.

Anyone had any luck getting these little bastards inserted back the way they're suppose to be?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tastynuts are not cheap!!!
3-2 pounds for each bolt its not cheap.....

why i should wash it?
i dont like clean bikes...it look like you dont ride it...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did EVERY last nut and bolt (including engine internals) on 03 R1 in titanium from Renee at Racebolts.com -wasn't cheap, cost around $2500. Only lost around 6-7 lbs. but will never rust!
Hmmm... I think these "gold" bolts you speak of might be a little too soft...lol...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.