Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
This weekend, I was victim to a hit and run. Some asshole on a H-D who didn't know how to park it, dropped it on my bike and made it hit the curb. I came out of the Pharmacy, a couple people told me the mofo stood up and drove of. It could have been worse but my right side fairing is broken. Some dents and scratches as well on tank, front fender and left fairing and pipe, but I need to buy a new black right side fairing badly. Anybody know a good site besides ebay to buy fairings cheap. Thanks for the help. Meanwhile I'll be out looking for that punk to execute some street justice on his ass.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey, i was after a new fairing too. tried all the wreckers in the area and they just laughed in my face. unfortunaltely, they say, fairings are the first thing to get scratched, as you unfortunatley know from experience. Geniune one will cost you an arm and a leg. i say your best bet is to have a look at getting it fixed, or finding one thats less broken and getting it fixed.
Any security cameras in the area where your bike was knocked over, it was a pharmacy it should have some. if you get the cops involved you might be able to scam the tapes and get the guys number plate then just send him the bill.
thats my best advice. take of it what you will.
Glenn

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I checked the cams. It is on a USMC base and the cams didn't have tapes. Cops said they probably won't find him(of course). If they don't I am stuck with the cost. We just got a description, no plate # unfortunately.

·
Banned
82 Posts
wassup man. sorry to hear about that hit and run. the other day i came across an ad on the bayarearidersforum.com and someone was selling a whole set of fairings in black. i tried looking for the link again but i couldnt find it. check out that classified section and if i come across the ad again ill pm you.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
did you have full coverage insurance? that freakin sucks, but at least you got the police involved. Then if you ever do find that person they will get in a lot of trouble. That's considered leaving the scene of an accident right?

Apparently I'm the only one who doesn't know this, but what's an H-D?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Try talking to Strong Bad. I know his bike is dressed up in race bodywork so maybe he'll sell you his original plastics. Just an idea.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Look on EBay. There was a full sets of Silver 636 bodywork there a week or so ago (including a tank).

I plan to switch to some kind of fiberglass bodywork this winter. The bike is mostly ridden on the track and the original body work doesn't hold up very well even in a minor crash. The original body work will probably be sold. If so, I'll list it here first.

Good luck, hopefully they will find the guy. That kind of stuff really pisses me off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.